• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

I wish I had someone to talk to

X

xena0025

I am alone with my cptsd. I have no freinds, family or anyone who cares about me. I cannot relate to people either. There is so much I am unable to do that others do easily. My two children don't love or respect me anymore. I had one freind which I don't like anymore because she is abusive and an alcoholic. It is definately a long painful journey through life.

S

skyblue

Hi Xena,

Welcome to the forum. I'm sorry you haven't anyone around who is close to you that you're able to talk to. I understand it's not quite the same, but we're always here to listen day or night. The site's helped me a lot.

Take good care :flowers:

L

lucy_c

Im so with u on that. I have no family and my friend is so disrespectful and my kids truly hate me and life is so crap but believe me ur not on ur own and if I had 1 wish in life it wouldnt b for money health or world peace but I would wish for everybody who suffers like me to have a chance at happiness. I truly hope u find yours and remember u aint on ur own x lucy x

X

xena0025

Thank you for all the support. I having been feeling like my safety and security are at stake these days. I may become homeless if I don't find work soon. I lost my job because of this illness and I have been looking every day for a new one. In the meantime I having been crying for hours every day at home and feel absolutely miserable. I cannot afford to pay for the basic necessities of life. Soon they will disconnect my electricity at home. All of the other services are already disconnected. I cannot afford to eat properly and worry that my eating disorder will come back. It took me so long to get rid of that disorder. Life does not seem worth living anymore.

A

anonymous1

hi xena, sorry to hear about your situation - wondered if you were getting help with food parcels? I believe the salvation army does them if you have one near you.

X

xena0025

Dear anonymous1,

I have been to get a food voucher from the church they will only allow one a month for 35 dollars . It is a great help. I have also been selling my jewellery to purchase gas for my car so that I can look for work during the day. I sold my wedding band for 35 dollars at a pawn shop the other day to put gas in my car. The thing that bothers me most about that is that my ex-husband gets to keep the beautiful ring I bought for him and all the money we made in the 14 years of marriage that we had together. He does not have to sell anything to eat nor does he feel any threat to his safety or security. I am the only one that has lost everything. I am not sure if it is just me who thinks that there is something amiss. The law has not listened to anything I have said about it either. Did you have problems with discrimination also?

A

anonymous1

hi xena, hope that you get an opportunity for paid work soon - have you already tried calling into places with your CV? My own situation was different, but I did end up worse off in the end because I was ill and couldn't manage to work.

X

xena0025

I am looking for full time work ,however I am not well enough emotionally to hold a job now that all this has happened to me. I wish I could find something to pay the bills right now, however at my age employment is not easily found since most of my skills were at home taking care of the family. I just have to keep thinking positive that my lawyer will actually do something to change the court order for support. He keeps saying that because I signed a document that I am not entitled to support anymore. I signed a document under my lawyers advise previously and she was actually not working in my best interest. Now legally it is a real challenge to change things. I have done extensive research on the laws here and know that I should still be entitled to support. My new lawyer and I have been working on that. If that does not go to court soon I will be in a worse situation. Hopefully I will be able to hang on for the time being.