• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

I will do it tomorrw.......

A

Adi01

This is a phrase that drives me insane. All my life i have hidden behind it as an excuse for my inability to get on with my life. Whether it is picking up the phone and making a call to an old friend, going to the doctor for help, or just doing house work it invades my mind. I try to make excuses by blaming my "layed back attitude" but the truth is i have such a fragile lack of confidence that i dont want to do anything that may poosibly upset the status quo...

While i yearn for a happy life,meeting people and enjoying company i am scared. At the moment i feel i live in a gold fish bowl where i stare out while the world stares back but paying no attention. Lonely,isolated and unhappy. I cannot see it getting better...

I would love your views on my thoughts....

S

*Sapphire*

I posted this on someone elses thread yesterday. It helped me when I was in the same predicament;

Edward-Monkton.jpg

emski

emski

I love this - a therapist gave me a copy of this once. I'd forgotten all about it. It's great (y)

S

Soren

hi adi01,

i have exactly the same tendency. why do today what you can put off till tomorrow?

i reckon you are probably partly right about just being laid back. its great if your life circumstances allow you to take a relaxed approach to things, but if/when life becomes more demanding and challenging you can find yourself without that luxury.

personally, i resent life's tendency to do this. i mean, its fine if its the occasional hurdle that needs to be overcome - people often talk about how you can become a better person by dealing with challenges. then you can go back to being laid back after a while.

but life gets much more ugly than that doesn't it. i suppose fear is largely the problem isn't it? or maybe just malaise, or both. either way, i know how you feel.

Last edited:
D

DELATEXT

Hi, join the club, I do this ALL THE TIME, make endless excuses because I get gripped by retching self doubt and esteem, you're
in good company, I cope with mental health charity support,
I hope you can get support be it from friends etc ??
It's a nightmare trying to do even mundane things,
Good luck and do not beat yourself up.....

:scared: :grouphug:

A

Adi01

Thanks playmates i appreciate your thoughts. It is true that it doesnt rear its ugly head every day,normally depending on how positive i feel that day. I am accutely aware that when it does i am very aware.