• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

I will die useless.

M

Miliana

Hello, is anyone feeling this way ?
While reading fictions, books and watching movies I recently developed some sort of bad feeling that puts me down. I feel very useless, I don't know what am i doing here right now, why I have been hurting all my life for nothing. I feel like I would just die unknown, useless, I will never be the hero I want to be.
Even though I don't even know what hero really means to me, I just want to make something that people will think is great in this world.
But it is simply impossible and it hurts so much to be so useless every single day.
And it's not the fact that I want to be an illustrator that will change something, even though the calm life i have been dreaming of before would make me happy, it is not heroic, I want to leave this world being the greatest.
As days pass by I'm thinking more and more that I am not born in the good period, I feel I just don't belong here.

I wish I could die soon and maybe finally experience another life, world, universe or fiction in heaven if God would let me..

wraziel

wraziel

You're not useless. We are good persons with troubles, but the troubles never will be more strong than us. :hug:

H

Headingtothelight

Do u think the movies etc maybe made u have a different perspective, not a good one? member were on lockdown and it will cause a lot of low times no doubt so say strong and believe good things r coming and they will

B

Black Despondency

You don't have to do anything drastic or seemingly heroic to useful, the first step is helping your self by getting help from others if you need it. I have spent a lot of my time just struggling to eat, drink, and get out of bed. Once you're functioning enough to help your self then try to figure something out to help others. I try to help my family and the few friends with things as mundane as house work, yardwork, or even just communicating with someone lonely. I used to give people online advice about choosing computer parts on technology forums. I'm currently trying to help people on this forum as much as I can, sometimes I get too upset to give advice and have to take a break. I spent most of my life just attempting to function. I'm using everything I have learned from struggling and suffering for decades to try and help others. Helping anyone anyway can easily have a ripple effect, helping one person inevitably helps others. Art is very important.

K

karl7

Hello, is anyone feeling this way ?
While reading fictions, books and watching movies I recently developed some sort of bad feeling that puts me down. I feel very useless, I don't know what am i doing here right now, why I have been hurting all my life for nothing. I feel like I would just die unknown, useless, I will never be the hero I want to be.
Even though I don't even know what hero really means to me, I just want to make something that people will think is great in this world.
But it is simply impossible and it hurts so much to be so useless every single day.
And it's not the fact that I want to be an illustrator that will change something, even though the calm life i have been dreaming of before would make me happy, it is not heroic, I want to leave this world being the greatest.
As days pass by I'm thinking more and more that I am not born in the good period, I feel I just don't belong here.

I wish I could die soon and maybe finally experience another life, world, universe or fiction in heaven if God would let me..
dont ever believe youre useless....i sometimes feel that way but then i remind myself that i help others on these forums, you can do that....keep up the posting....by the way i have travelled alot in france and think its a beautiful country

JessisMe

JessisMe

Every life matters. Even lives that seem useless.
If you feel that your life is useless what are some things you could do to make you feel more useful? Many people fall short of realizing their dreams in life but lead quiet lives with a few pleasures. If setting up high expectations leads to disappointment for you in life make a few changes to make things seem better for you and find a way to come to peace with things the way that they are. :hug:

L

LostSpirit

I get times I feel this way but then I also believe... We are all here for a reason know matter how small. Every life matters (( hugs))

toutatis

toutatis

If you see a small insect in a life threatening situation, perhaps about to be washed down the plughole, save it's life and you will have done something worthwhile, something good.

THE MANDALORIAN

THE MANDALORIAN

Please hold on.

No matter what happens.

Please.

God bless you.