• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

i went to see my pychiatrist today

scottsblue

scottsblue

Founding Member
she sent me a letter in the post this mornin before i got to my sceduled apointment about going to see a step down clinic, but i just feel ther trying to push me into work or somthing. after speaking to me she said i dont have to go but whats going to happen if i dont?

i said i`d been feeling suicidal for last few weeks but she wont give me a priscription for more tablets becuase she thinks i`m doing ok without them, i havent seen her for months a year tho so how doas she know.
i was so mad she wouldnt give me a new priscription i threw this step down clinic pamflet in a bush while i waited for my taxi home.

so they want me to go to this clinic every two weeks when i barely leave the house once every two weeks, i dont know what they want from me but they make me so mad i want nothing from them.

ms_P

ms_P

Founding Member
Hi Scott. That sounds so frustrating. Like you're being dumped or something.
What is a step down clinic?
I'm the last person to tell you to go there just once to see what it's about because the odd time I venture out of the house, I feel like I have to zipp out real quick with my bike (which is my security blanket) and home again. I haven't taken public transport in years.
Are you saying she stopped your meds or won't raise the dosage?

Something I've done in the past even if I never mail it, is to write a letter to my pdoc or whomever and say exactly what's on my mind. I know from myself that when I'm sitting there I shut down verbally when I'm heated up in my head. Writing affords you the time to assemble your words accurately about your feelings and interpretations. Just to get it out and make some sense of it all.

Giving you a :hug:

scottsblue

scottsblue

Founding Member
it sounded like they want to get me involved with somthing to keep me occupied, but that sounds like alot of going out the house.

my pychiatrist is from new zeland and care worker africa, it makes me very uncomfortable after living abroad myself(after dislikeing it so much) and i wonder all the time what they are thinking about me.

Last edited: