• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

I went outside today

I

Italia2020

Hi!! So my story is I’ve been on antidepressants for 20 years they would work for a couple of years and I would be fine then they would stop. But I was always able to find another. Well last year my antidepressant has stopped working and I’ve tried so many different meds even the ones that used to work and it either made me worse or just would not work. I suffer from major depression, Gad, and panic and it’s 24/7. I’ve also been told mixed mixed bipolar from one doctor but I’m not to sure about that diagnosis. Well since last August along with all that I started getting scared to go out my panic gets worse. If someone talks to me I panic more. So I mostly stay in. It’s a mission if I go to the corner store when before all this happened I would go to stores and restaurants and out with friends. It’s like my life has been taken away. My family is also on top of me to go out. Which I know I have to push myself but this depression and panic I just don’t want to deal with the outside. I mean I got a text from my cousin which I know he wants to help if I wanted to go to the beach today. Haha!! The beach is 2 hours away and um no. I think baby steps is better. Do you take meds?

S

SClub7_Fan

I am but yet at the sametime i think here I am a grown woman and i have to be proud of myself for going out,when others can do it so easily.
Yeah but they don't have agoraphobia. You do. You can't go comparing yourself to other people. Agoraphobia is a massive thing to overcome. Be proud that you even managed to get past your own doorstep. Who are they to judge?