• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

We are an actively moderated forum. We work hard to keep the forum safe.

To access many more features and forums please register now

I went outside today

C

Carol1952

I know that maybe this doesnt sound like much but I went outside for a little over and hour today.I have agoraphobia really bad too.My neighbor said hi and continued to keep walking by good because i didnt feel like talking,this may sound like no big deal but years ago i couldnt even do that.Now I can.I couldnt even open my blinds or shades.I am so proud of myself when I am able to do that

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

Well done Carol, a little at a time.
You should be ever so proud of yourself.

B

bpd2020

That is fantastic! To go outside is hard enough let alone for as long as you did. You should feel super proud!

C

Carol1952

ONe reason I dont like talking to some people around here is because they gossip everyone knows my business and i hate it,i am not saying this to be disgusting,but you cannot even fart around here without someone knowing about it for instance a couple of weeks ago a state trooper came to my apt to asks about my bank and if i was alright i said yes it was the bank that called him because i told them i was the only one one my account i know my husbands name was on it to but i always tell them no because he passed away she had to call the cops plus she was rude and hung up on me when i asked her why i couldnt get into my account anyway my the land lady asked about it now how did she know about that i never spoke to anyone about it.Nosy neighbors they report everything i do.so i dont tell anyone anything,it isnt any of there business.

C

Carol1952

We have a train that goes by and I just love it.It is very loud but always have liked trains,When I was a kid,we had a cottage down at Lords point in Mystic we woudl walk along the railroad tracks whenever we heard a train coming we woudl jump onto a huge rock and wave to the people on the train.U have to be careful because it would suck u under.I love the beach it is so relaxing watching the waves roll in and i love the amusement parks.

J

Jazzmine84

Congrats! Any amount of time is progress. You did good Carol!

Debo

Debo

I used to spend more of the day outside than in and I miss it so much! I’m not afraid of the outdoors, but am terrified of being seen. My limit is garbage and mail once a month, and I wait till 3am to do it. My heart still races just unlocking the door. You did good! I’m proud and envious 😊

C

Carol1952

good for you carol.I try to go out but as soon as i do i get scared and go back in.
Try taking baby steps like one time ten minutes then the next 20 then so forth and so forth that is what i did,cant go out now the humidity has been unbearable,if u lived next to me i would help u and sit with you if u wanted. No pushing either I dont believe in pushing anyone I dont like it either.

C

Carol1952

Congrats! Any amount of time is progress. You did good Carol!
Thank u I take my crocheting outside otherwise i just wouldnt be able to sit outside i have to be doing something,i love the trains too.However they are so noisy,I met this little boy years ago i think he was about three his name is Kayden,I just love him to pieces and he loves me to ,he is so adorable, I actually got to meat him once he wanted another pair of slippers that i make he said dont forget my cousin,so he and his mom stopped by to pick them up he gave me a great big hug and told me he loves me.He is such a beautiful little boy he is autistic but u wouldnt know it. Whenever he misses me he will tell me so.I think he will be five this year I am hoping to see him again .Maybe by then this virus will be gone and i can give him another hug.Boy can he ever talk.I love kids always have.

C

Carol1952

I used to spend more of the day outside than in and I miss it so much! I’m not afraid of the outdoors, but am terrified of being seen. My limit is garbage and mail once a month, and I wait till 3am to do it. My heart still races just unlocking the door. You did good! I’m proud and envious 😊
I understand how you feel because sometimes i feel the same way.I would rather hide from people sometimes i get very shaky and uncomfortable whenever I have to talk to them,I am afraid of saying something stupid. mY mom use to tell me to keep my mouth shut because people will think i am stupid,here we cant go outside that early because we have a major problem with skunks and they are large a size of a collie.I have also found a few dead moles and mice aroud here if i see a snake forget i will never go outside again,

C

Carol1952

Well done Carol, a little at a time.
You should be ever so proud of yourself.
I am but yet at the sametime i think here I am a grown woman and i have to be proud of myself for going out,when others can do it so easily.

I

Italia2020

I know that maybe this doesnt sound like much but I went outside for a little over and hour today.I have agoraphobia really bad too.My neighbor said hi and continued to keep walking by good because i didnt feel like talking,this may sound like no big deal but years ago i couldnt even do that.Now I can.I couldnt even open my blinds or shades.I am so proud of myself when I am able to do that
I am so proud of you!!!! I hate being pushed also. My family lovessssss to push. What you did is awesome 👏 it takes a lot of strength to do that. Many people don’t understand.

C

Carol1952

I am so proud of you!!!! I hate being pushed also. My family lovessssss to push. What you did is awesome 👏 it takes a lot of strength to do that. Many people don’t understand.
Thank you so much .I did manage to go out again today for about an hour and a half but it is so humid outside and I always wear a masks .So how about you?What is your story? I would love to help u if I can.I know people seem to think just because you have a mental illness we are a head case and that is just not fair.You are so right people dont understand just because it maybe easy for them to go out they think it should be easy for us.No it isnt.