I was kidnapped

T

thorkan

And I dont know what to do I feel I'm more like the criminal the way I'm treated and like I have no hope left to do anything I dont want to kill myself but that and committing myself seem to quickly becoming my only options

T

thorkan

I have not seen a psychiatrist as I havent been able to get a referral to one yet

SunnyDaze

SunnyDaze

Hi there.

I am really sorry for your experience.Was this a recent event or something that happened in the past?Whichever,it sounds pretty traumatic.

Have you received any help at all with this yet?Are you taking any medication to help keep yourself calm?

I wish I knew what to say.If things are bad enough can you visit your local hospital for help?

T

thorkan

was in June and no I have to get a referral to get help other then that supposed to stay away from anyone that might know or recognize me

SunnyDaze

SunnyDaze

What do you mean you're supposed to stay away from anyone that may know or recognize you?Who said you need to do that?Are the police involved in this?

A little more detail would be helpful.

SunnyDaze

SunnyDaze

Who diagnosed you with PTSD?Why didn't they help you in any way?

T

thorkan

yea it's an active case trial is still just starting and not diagnosed yet just kinda assuming

SunnyDaze

SunnyDaze

I am not sure where you live but is there any kind of victims assistance available which would provide free mental and physical care while you go through this?

SunnyDaze

SunnyDaze

I'm sorry for what you have been through and that you're having problems finding the help you need.It's important to receive help asap after a traumatic event in order to prevent PTSD from developing.

Is it possible to talk to the judge,lawyers or whoever involved in the court case in order to receive some sort of help,counseling of some sort at the least?Or if you can afford it,maybe even online therapy?It seems there must be some kind of help available to a crime victim.There is where I live so I guess I assumed it's availlable most places.

Have you tried contacting every agency where you live,ask them where you can get help?Are things bad enough where you feel a short hospital stay may be helpful?

T

thorkan

yea I've contacted all of them and I'd have thought one of them could but nope all the agencies that I can talk to have all told me they arent qualified or cant help me it's kinda weird I could probably get more help if I commit a crime