• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

I was almost attacked trigger warning

M

Mary654

2 days ago i was walking in the park around 20:00 pm and i was followed by a man , he than contacted me asked me i want to smoke and i could see from his body language that at any second he was going to jump at me , my guess he wanted to sexually assult me, luckily i managed to run away and get to an area of the park where there were a bunch of families and i waited there until my dad picked me up . Some background- my worst fear in life is being sexually asulted , i dont know why but i often have nightmares about it , i cant stop crying and thinking about the expirience ever since it happend . I feel traumatised , i need help coping with the situation
I cant stop thinking how close i came to danger, has anyone had a simillar experience and has some advice as to how to deal with the situation?

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

Hi,
Yes I was almost attacked as a teenager, a guy got out his car and tried to lure me in with him and his friends.
I am still traumatised by it, the police didn't care.
I was so frightened it affected me badly. I hope you can recover.
Counselling might help, people can be affected in lots of different ways.
Well done for getting help and calling your dad, glad your safe now.
Hugs

M

Mary654

Thank you mayflower7
Im glad im ok too... i too called the police and they went to the place to search for the guy but could not find him... what did you do after this happened to you ? Did you also get panic attacks?

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

Hi,
I stopped going out for a while, have had panic attacks to.
Prefer to be with someone when going out.
Hugs

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

You could learn self defence if permitted in your Country.