• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

I want to Self Harm

L

Lost Bear

I am a to middle aged woman who is looking forward to the privacy of the room I rent. I have spent an entire shift playing over and over my intention. Whether it be self harm or the other I finally feel calm. There will be a release.
For weeks I have been undecided to enter a hospital or this. Think I have my answer.

L

Lost Bear

They always say talk. I've done talk therapy for over 20 years. I am tired if talking. Time for action. If the milder if the two doesn't work, there's always the ultimate.

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
Self harm isnt the answer to your problems , you need to find out why you feel the need to SH and try to come to an understanding as to why you feel the need to do this to yourself. Hasn’t your therapist over the years found out what the trigger is and given you coping strategies. Ive been there and coping strategies have helped me .

I dont know if this may give you some advice

L

Lost Bear

I did a year of dbt, it has been years since then. The pdoc I have now is new, about 6 months, and I don't trust her yet.

Signofthetimes

Signofthetimes

Hi Lost Bear, I hear you. I have thoughts of what you are doing, getting a quiet rental away. I am not feeling well. Off from work and feeling trapped. I am choosing to not do that. Feeling alone and done, but I know there will be times when I feel better. Sometimes can't stop the feelings but hope to never follow them. Please don't hurt yourself. Therapy doesn't seem to work for me well either. Sometimes later I will use something from it that I initially couldn't. Listen to music. Go for a walk somewhere beautiful or where there are dogs if you like dogs. Today doesn't have to be the day to make that choice. Do a random switch, leave the room and go get your nails done or go shopping for food and bring it to someone or some place. 💗 🙏 🙏💗

Signofthetimes

Signofthetimes

Hi Lost Bear, I hear you. I have thoughts of what you are doing, getting a quiet rental away. I am not feeling well. Off from work and feeling trapped. I am choosing to not do that. Feeling alone and done, but I know there will be times when I feel better. Sometimes can't stop the feelings but hope to never follow them. Please don't hurt yourself. Therapy doesn't seem to work for me well either. Sometimes later I will use something from it that I initially couldn't. Listen to music. Go for a walk somewhere beautiful or where there are dogs if you like dogs. Today doesn't have to be the day to make that choice. Do a random switch, leave the room and go get your nails done or go shopping for food and bring it to someone or some place. 💗 🙏 🙏💗
I went shopping at a pet store and gave the things to a rescue.

2Much2Feel

I did a year of dbt, it has been years since then. The pdoc I have now is new, about 6 months, and I don't trust her yet.
Did you find the dbt helpful at all when you did it? I forgot it all, did it years ago, so just picked up Marsha Linehan's workbook on it, am reading it again, hoping it will help again. Do you think it would help to do a refresher of it?

Like SignoftheTimes said, the feelings do pass. They always do. If you can do the dbt thing of stepping back, noticing the feelings, knowing they are a passing thing, not judging them, and doing something to distract? It is so hard in that mindset to see that the feelings aren't "always there", they seem eternal, but they are temporary. The regret of acting on them in a negative way sticks with you. The shame, guilt, it brings your confidence down even further and makes you start to believe that this is the way to feel better. I did it for ages, and this past year I can't tell you how many times an episode of Schitt's Creek has saved me, turned my feelings around. If there is something you really find funny without annoying people in it, it can help turn those emotions and show you that your feelings really are a temporary thing. Hugs to you. People here get it. But SH doesn't solve anything, and it makes you feel even worse in the end. I'm really sorry you're struggling with this and realise it is hard to take advice in this state, when you're this emotional.

L

Lost Bear

Thank you for your support. I greatly appreciate it.