• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

I want to run away

K

KittyCat92

I have this huge urge to jump in my car and just disappear.

I know running away doesn’t solve problems at all but I don’t want to be where I am anymore.

My neighbour is having her garden done and having a hot tub installed, they are the worst neighbours in the world at the best of times during the summer, loud music, being outside until the early hours of the morning talking loudly, smoking weed. My bedroom is at the back on that side so for me it’s so hard to try and ignore or drown out their noise.

The thing is I have to get up really early in the mornings for my job, like 4.30am early, 6 days a week. I only get one day to catch up on sleep.

I’m so bloody tired all the time anyway that I cannot deal with what I know is coming.

They are most certainly not the type of people who will ‘turn it down’ no matter how nice you ask.

I just want a peaceful life. By that I don’t really know what I mean. Moving away, running away or just ending it all completely.

2Much2Feel

Hey, @KittyCat92, that really would make me nuts, the neighbours. Not sure what can be done about bad neighbours. I just wore earplugs a lot at my last place, when it got really bad.

As far as wanting to run away, I think a lot of us feel that and can relate. My ex always says I "bolt" any time I get too revved up, and I do. I used to just take off to wherever, don't have that freedom any longer, but it really never worked out when I did. But I get the feeling, and have had the urge quite a bit lately myself. Hang in there. Try the earplugs if you can. Or noise canceling headphones?

C

charlieblack5

I have this huge urge to jump in my car and just disappear.

I know running away doesn’t solve problems at all but I don’t want to be where I am anymore.

My neighbour is having her garden done and having a hot tub installed, they are the worst neighbours in the world at the best of times during the summer, loud music, being outside until the early hours of the morning talking loudly, smoking weed. My bedroom is at the back on that side so for me it’s so hard to try and ignore or drown out their noise.

The thing is I have to get up really early in the mornings for my job, like 4.30am early, 6 days a week. I only get one day to catch up on sleep.

I’m so bloody tired all the time anyway that I cannot deal with what I know is coming.

They are most certainly not the type of people who will ‘turn it down’ no matter how nice you ask.

I just want a peaceful life. By that I don’t really know what I mean. Moving away, running away or just ending it all completely.
Oh my goodness I can so relate! My ideal is to run away, somewhere by the sea, and just be alone for a while. 3-4 months. Do what I want. When I want. I have an amazing partner who I adore, but I can tell my illness is starting to take its toll.

That’s so strange - the other week my neighbours from hell were getting a hot tub (rented thankfully). They are scum. They are loud, have parties, their daughter hurt our cat. And when feeling so low with anxiety/depression (in the summer) they are the last thing you need. Always out! Lots of people! Laughing! Singing! We’ve called the police on them a few times...!

Earplugs is a good idea. It’s just so frustrating isn’t it? And gosh that’s an early start bless you.

K

KittyCat92

Hey, @KittyCat92, that really would make me nuts, the neighbours. Not sure what can be done about bad neighbours. I just wore earplugs a lot at my last place, when it got really bad.

As far as wanting to run away, I think a lot of us feel that and can relate. My ex always says I "bolt" any time I get too revved up, and I do. I used to just take off to wherever, don't have that freedom any longer, but it really never worked out when I did. But I get the feeling, and have had the urge quite a bit lately myself. Hang in there. Try the earplugs if you can. Or noise canceling headphones?
I have noise cancelling headphones but they’re not that fantastic to sleep with them on and because it’s summer I have my windows open so everything is louder.

It’s just such a horrible feeling knowing that in your own home you can’t relax. Home is supposed to be a safe place.

K

KittyCat92

Oh my goodness I can so relate! My ideal is to run away, somewhere by the sea, and just be alone for a while. 3-4 months. Do what I want. When I want. I have an amazing partner who I adore, but I can tell my illness is starting to take its toll.

That’s so strange - the other week my neighbours from hell were getting a hot tub (rented thankfully). They are scum. They are loud, have parties, their daughter hurt our cat. And when feeling so low with anxiety/depression (in the summer) they are the last thing you need. Always out! Lots of people! Laughing! Singing! We’ve called the police on them a few times...!

Earplugs is a good idea. It’s just so frustrating isn’t it? And gosh that’s an early start bless you.
I’ve been tempted so many times to call the police but I don’t know what would actually happen, would I make it worse?

Oh my god I can’t believe the daughter hurt your cat 😢 that’s just plain nasty 😢

I hate getting up so early and I don’t particularly want to do the job anymore but I will admit that during lockdowns that job kept me going! And the people are really great, that always helps!

Blooming

Blooming

Hi KittyCat, I have had troublesome neighbors. They sat in the garden laughing out loud for hours every night. I was on my way to buy "headphones" of the sort building workers use. I had decided to roll my pillow under my neck and use another one as support for my head, but then I found a home for sale inside my price range advertised in the newspaper I read. I bought it. For now I have peace, I can hear the birds sing in the evening when I have the windows open.

I understand how you feel, since I have been there. Sometimes to do something drastic is the right thing to do. Think about it for some time. Perhaps you can make a list of plusses and minuses for the alternative of staying and do the same for the moving alternative.

I wish you all the best! :flowers:

Moonlight_Day

Moonlight_Day

I’ve been tempted so many times to call the police but I don’t know what would actually happen, would I make it worse?

Oh my god I can’t believe the daughter hurt your cat 😢 that’s just plain nasty 😢

I hate getting up so early and I don’t particularly want to do the job anymore but I will admit that during lockdowns that job kept me going! And the people are really great, that always helps!
That would drive me nuts. I don't recommend taking advice from me, but if it was me I'd spend the money to buy a bigger stereo then they have and blast the worst possible music I could find from whatever the legal noise curfew is. For here it would be 7am-11pm I think. Anyway I would get the complete opposite music they listen to and I would crank it non stop. They would get the hint.

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

You could try keeping a diary of there anti-social behaviour and report them to the council and police.
Often your local mp might help as well.
I do sympathise my neighbours are terrible on one side.

Z

Zoe1

I've had similar problems here which were very extreme
and the council did help