• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

I want to quit my job and go off the deep end

bpdgirl

bpdgirl

I’m tired of being “better.” I hate doing what everyone wants me to do. Take my meds and go to work and be happy. Have goals and aspirations. I just want to let myself free from all of this. I want to experience my emotions freely and act upon them how I need to. I’m tired of being ridiculed for not handling things right. I want to quit everything in life and lay in bed and wither away. I feel so intensely right now. I can’t do anything about it except go to work tomorrow. I feel so alone and stuck in this world.

C

CallMeMyself

Hi, I understand I feel like that sometimes aswell...I have to always be the one to do the right thing, I'm responsible for alot..I will I could've off grid build a cabin and live on acres of land grow my own food and just dissappear off the radar..

Delilah67

Delilah67

I’m tired of being “better.” I hate doing what everyone wants me to do. Take my meds and go to work and be happy. Have goals and aspirations. I just want to let myself free from all of this. I want to experience my emotions freely and act upon them how I need to. I’m tired of being ridiculed for not handling things right. I want to quit everything in life and lay in bed and wither away. I feel so intensely right now. I can’t do anything about it except go to work tomorrow. I feel so alone and stuck in this world.
I completely get that feeling but guess it’s a fine balance between maintaining a ‘normal’ life and feeling your emotions.
It’s hard work living,so much easier to give in and just let the feelings engulf you.
The trouble is the more you allow the down emotions in , the more it swomps you.
No one should ridicule you for your feelings and you shouldn’t have to hide them either . It’s your ‘fight’ and you are the only one to find that inner strength to carry on . Do it for YOU.
I’m sorry you feel so alone, I know this feeling so well. I also know that this feeling comes and goes in strength, that we can share this together on this forum.
I’m not doing well offering you any advice , (only newly diagnosed and starting therapy) but I wanted you to know I hear you.
big hugs xxx

M

Mistral

If you are feeling a lot of emotions at work then there is something at work that needs to be sorted out. You probably need a holiday.

Zaz

Zaz

Don't strive to be normal... be you...be unique...live with a free mind and heart 🙂

N

Nukelavee

I want to experience my emotions freely and act upon them how I need to. I’m tired of being ridiculed for not handling things right.
I think it's your right to handle things as you want, but...

Then you don't get to complain if people treat you a certain way. How we act and react affects others, and just as we have a right to react how we feel, so do others.

If we act in a way that brings negative experiences to others, they kinda have the right to treat us callously, also.

Before you say that's unfair remember, everybody has emotions and bad days, most people do put a least some effort into not crossing the line between justified/reasonable reaction, and being unreasonable. If you don't worry about that around others, why should others worry about you?

so, you can be as free as you want with your emotions, but then others get to do the same where you are concerned.

Prince of Cinders

Prince of Cinders

I completely understand this, and feel generally like this a great deal of the time.

I don't have any world altering advice to give you, or even a good coping mechanism. I'll leave that to the professionals.

What I can say is that you're not alone in any sense, and that if nothing else, there are people who absolutely can relate and understand where you are with things. You sound like you've not given up though, and that's a commendable position to be in. I'm sorry if that doesn't sound more encouraging, but hopefully you'll take some solace in the fact that you're in good company.

Zaz

Zaz

In today's world no one has rights anymore.