• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

i want to live alone

M

Mel8324

Hi all. I have schizophrenia and currently live athome with my mum and dad. I am not getting along with dad and want to leave. I don't know where to go or what to do. I am under a disability pension and have no job. My parents willl not let me move out and i desperatly need to. Please help xox

D

danbrown87

I've no experience with Schizophrenia but I'm guessing you have some kind of fairly regular contact with a doctor/mental health practicioner? I think your first port of call would be to let them know just how strongly you feel about it and take it from there. Hope everything gets sorted for you.

S

*Sapphire*

If you are in the UK can you not put your name down on the housing list? If you are over 16 and on a pension you should be entitled. You might get a quicker referral if you score highly on the points. Your parents will have no choice in the matter, they don't even need to know until you move.

A

Apotheosis

Living alone ain't easy - but if it's your choice then no one can stop you. Is this coming from a place of concern from your parents?

lehcar24

lehcar24

Hi xx

Have u ever thought about getting a place in one of those supported houses.. i dont know a hell of a lot about them but, i do know that u would have ur own space utilities etc but there would be someone around if u ever needed them.. this way u could have ur own independence and also ur parents mite give u less of a hard time about moving out if they knew there would be help available if u needed it..
i know its not the same as living completely on our own but its not always good.. all my life i wanted to move out on my own get away from my family and stuff and i was more miserable on my own.. but i also hate being around people all the time.. lol

hope u sort it out xx
take care
Rach xx