I want to inflict mental and physical torture on myself why?

sadpunchingbag

sadpunchingbag

I believe i need to torture myself extremely pushing myself to breaking point. I dont deserve happiness i have not earned it i enjoy putting myself through getting tattoos because i need to cover up my disgusting excuse of a body i am nothing me getting tattoos is s better alternative to inflicting worse pain. When i look in the mirror i want to injure myself including my lips i have some deep hatred towards myself can anyone relate ? Or give advise ?

Last edited by a moderator:
midnightphoenix

midnightphoenix

i hate myself as well, i didnt used to think about my physical imperfections though before self harm :sorry:

do you have anything you can do to distract yourself from the thoughts? thats something that helps me :hug:

J

Jules5

You are such a great super support on this forum I could cry to think you want to self harm. We all go through these demons and feel disgusted I call it my crisis mode. Severe anxiety attack with lasting results. Lots of hugs and love to you

D

dewey

You are such a great super support on this forum I could cry to think you want to self harm. We all go through these demons and feel disgusted I call it my crisis mode. Severe anxiety attack with lasting results. Lots of hugs and love to you
Agree with this.

@sadpunchingbag we are often blinded to the best aspects of ourselves and don't see the good things we do, we don't see the difference we make.

Wanting to punish yourself is a strong sensation I know, and when you're in that place you've got tunnel vision, but if you can try to rationalise it as toxic guilt, and commit to not hurting yourself even when you want to most, you may slip out of the pattern of wanting to hurt yourself.

This is stuff you HAVE to talk about to a mental health professional. Opening up and saying the words can make the experience seem less powerful, and hopefully you will feel supported.

sadpunchingbag

sadpunchingbag

i hate myself as well, i didnt used to think about my physical imperfections though before self harm :sorry:

do you have anything you can do to distract yourself from the thoughts? thats something that helps me :hug:
Working out have not been able to do it on the ward the guy who runs is on holiday for 2 weeks so i took chance to go to a local gym outside the grounds

sadpunchingbag

sadpunchingbag

Thank you for the love jules it comes and goes like a flare up hoping it goes fast

sadpunchingbag

sadpunchingbag

Agree with this.

@sadpunchingbag we are often blinded to the best aspects of ourselves and don't see the good things we do, we don't see the difference we make.

Wanting to punish yourself is a strong sensation I know, and when you're in that place you've got tunnel vision, but if you can try to rationalise it as toxic guilt, and commit to not hurting yourself even when you want to most, you may slip out of the pattern of wanting to hurt yourself.

This is stuff you HAVE to talk about to a mental health professional. Opening up and saying the words can make the experience seem less powerful, and hopefully you will feel supported.
Thank you dewey i will write a note to talk to my psychologist tommorrow thanks dude

D

dewey

Thank you dewey i will write a note to talk to my psychologist tommorrow thanks dude
S'ok good luck <3. Try to think of something else you can do if you feel the urge to punish yourself, like punching a pillow :) or watching something you enjoy

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Self Harm Forum 1