• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

I want to help people who suffer so bad from a mental illness's .I hope I can do that here

Carol1952

Carol1952

I have this need to help people so bad.I have a lot of love to give and all I want to do is to help people.How can I help others when I can bearly help myself.?I have very bad anxieties but I am sure that you already know that.All of my life I have been this way .Yes even when I was a kid.It hurts my feelings when my friend doesnt want my help .That is just the way she is ,she doesnt wnat me to get sick.I wont .I could never understand why some people dont like hugs or dont want my help.I am trying so hard not to yell too.

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
Get sick from Coronavirus?

You come across as a helper to others. People like that i always think lots of obstacles are put in there way to do that 'job'. There are some of the sweetest people here who are not working, not getting out much, who have so much to give but so many obstacles stopping them from giving it.

You are on here and helping people on here. People just want a conversation with someone sometimes, so they don't feel so utterly alone in the world.

Carol1952

Carol1952

Get sick from Coronavirus?

You come across as a helper to others. People like that i always think lots of obstacles are put in there way to do that 'job'. There are some of the sweetest people here who are not working, not getting out much, who have so much to give but so many obstacles stopping them from giving it.

You are on here and helping people on here. People just want a conversation with someone sometimes, so they don't feel so utterly alone in the world.
I try to do ,my best.When my mom was alive she would always asks me say if i gave something t someone did they give you anything back>I would say they dont have to she would say then I wouldnt bother.I cant be like that if someone needs me I am more then willing to help if I can,

GhostOfLenin

GhostOfLenin

I try to do ,my best.When my mom was alive she would always asks me say if i gave something t someone did they give you anything back>I would say they dont have to she would say then I wouldnt bother.I cant be like that if someone needs me I am more then willing to help if I can,
I came on here just wanting to talk and maybe try to help but not be a burden. Ended up ive had loads of help. Its funny how things get turned around. But i applaude your motives xx

Carol1952

Carol1952

I came on here just wanting to talk and maybe try to help but not be a burden. Ended up ive had loads of help. Its funny how things get turned around. But i applaude your motives xx
You could never be a burden.You know I find that people who have a mental illness have more compassion then people who dont.Maybe we know how it feels to hurt.

Lunar Lady

Lunar Lady

Forum Guide
We're on at the same time for a change, Carol :clap:

How are you, my lovely? :hug: xxx

GhostOfLenin

GhostOfLenin

You could never be a burden.You know I find that people who have a mental illness have more compassion then people who dont.Maybe we know how it feels to hurt.

Yup we know how hard it is so compassion comes easy to us.

B

Black Despondency

I need to go to sleep, sorry that my post is blunt and discouraging sounding...
When I have tried to explain to many people that (I'm depressed because I'm mentally ill.) many people don't seem to be able to understand that sentence. When I'm drowning in a pit of despair and crying it does tend to lead to negative thoughts, but if someone keeps asking (What's wrong?) for example I find it to be less than helpful.... I find a question posed in the manner of (Is there anything I can do to help?) to be more helpful. I think offering help, but not presuming anything is the best approach to helping people sometimes. When I try talking about something that upsetting to me I usually get so emotional that I struggle to be able to speak even if I wasn't already upset.

Carol1952

Carol1952

We're on at the same time for a change, Carol :clap:

How are you, my lovely? :hug: xxx
BEEN talking to my phone company a lot latey they screwws mw over but that are sending me two refunds I has to do with a stupid ass man he treated me like i didnt have a brain my head i told him not yelling he was wrong he said i had an outstandin balance which i did not so he goes and charges me for three payments that was over $244.00 so thy r sendbing me two refunds they said i paid three bills on aug 10th i did not i told him i have had it so delete my online account ths stupid ass said he couldnt do it and i want my refund he said eh couldnt do that either so i took it among myself to chat with them three people told me they know ialways pay my bills but this guy was such a know it all i finally got so mad i said thanks for nothing and i porceeded to hang up on him he thinks i am stupid who keeps talking whileu hang up the phone i am so sick and tired of people treated me like shit just because i have heard time understanding something now even when i call comcast the girl is always snickering at me some people can be so rude.this whole ordeal has made me sick very anxious and angry they even admitted i had no outstanding balance yet the sent me a stupid ass emal saying i owe them for aug 31 i do not they told me while chatting my entire bill was 82.03 oh ya internet and phone are very expensive here.when i first talked wih this man on the phone he was rude and wouldnt listen to what iwas saying there was np need for him to treat me that way.
sorry so long .Now how are you doing?I think of you all i=of the time

Carol1952

Carol1952

I need to go to sleep, sorry that my post is blunt and discouraging sounding...
When I have tried to explain to many people that (I'm depressed because I'm mentally ill.) many people don't seem to be able to understand that sentence. When I'm drowning in a pit of despair and crying it does tend to lead to negative thoughts, but if someone keeps asking (What's wrong?) for example I find it to be less than helpful.... I find a question posed in the manner of (Is there anything I can do to help?) to be more helpful. I think offering help, but not presuming anything is the best approach to helping people sometimes. When I try talking about something that upsetting to me I usually get so emotional that I struggle to be able to speak even if I wasn't already upset.
Nothng wrong with your post u r just saying how you are feeling and thinking i told them i have server anxieties too.My friend is worried that is she tells me something i will break youknow my parents would always hide things from me because for some reason they thought i couldnt handle it.We have a mental illness not stupid.

GhostOfLenin

GhostOfLenin

B

Black Despondency

Nothng wrong with your post u r just saying how you are feeling and thinking i told them i have server anxieties too.My friend is worried that is she tells me something i will break youknow my parents would always hide things from me because for some reason they thought i couldnt handle it.We have a mental illness not stupid.
Wall of text.....
I also have very bad anxiety I can easily go into, fight, flight or freeze from my anxiety getting too high and turning into fear. I haven't told any of my family members about my thoughts about suicide or acting upon them, because I don't want them to end up afraid to express their emotions and potentially be constantly afraid of upsetting me or overly concerned about how I'm feeling. My psychiatrist and psychologist both have permission to talk to my mother either of whom will talk to her when they feel it's necessary, it's a mystery to me who or if anyone else in my family knows about my struggles with not wanting to exist sometimes. I'm overly closed about my emotional struggles I suffer in silence with hidden emotions this is not a healthy way to function, but I commonly get told to use coping strategies when I start to open up about less significant problems. This damn advice pisses me off so much (Everyone has problems just learn coping strategies.) It effectively cuts off any conversation that doesn't start with me being sexually abused or suicidal, I don't want break the ice in a conversation with either of those topics, but that's probably what I will have to do to get some of my closest family to take my problems seriously.