• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

i want to die but don't have the guts to do anything

F

fluffpill

i truly want to die. i have been hospitalized 9-10 times since i got diagnosed. i truly want to die. i have no reason to live. my life isn't as bad as a lot of other people's but i am ungrateful af and i want to die. my sister says i am seeking attention, my mother thinks i will never commit suicide and i throw empty threats, nobody takes me seriously. psychiatrist wants to increase/change my meds, i am scared of psychiatrists and meds i don't know what to do i feel so stuck i want to die

are meds the only solution?
i have psychosis as well. but my main problem is depression/feeling suicidal.

GhostOfLenin

GhostOfLenin

ACCOUNT CLOSED
i truly want to die. i have been hospitalized 9-10 times since i got diagnosed. i truly want to die. i have no reason to live. my life isn't as bad as a lot of other people's but i am ungrateful af and i want to die. my sister says i am seeking attention, my mother thinks i will never commit suicide and i throw empty threats, nobody takes me seriously. psychiatrist wants to increase/change my meds, i am scared of psychiatrists and meds i don't know what to do i feel so stuck i want to die

are meds the only solution?
i have psychosis as well. but my main problem is depression/feeling suicidal.
Ive lost loved ones to suicide and make the mistake myself. Its only a route to more pain. Meds will help but you need to talk to a proffesional and try work through it.

TheSadnessWillLastForever

TheSadnessWillLastForever

I'm sorry your family are being such assclowns, I hope you can find the support you need on here. As for the meds I can say they've helped a ton but they don't completely solve the problem. Therapy has been really helpful, I suggest you try both options if you can instead of taking your own life. I hope you keep fighting❤

Q

Quietman5

I understand how you feel. Good luck my friend

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
Your family are very unhelpful and even making you feel much worse. Support is very important, especially at difficult times, but if there is nobody to help you, you need to rely on the doctor and take their advice.

You will need to be your own family, look after yourself, encourage yourself and be kind to yourself, because it doesn't sound like you are going to get any support from family at the moment.

You have us though, and we can all help you through. Many of us have been through what you are going through and know how difficult it is. Over time you will learn how to care yourself through episodes.

Medication was the key for me. Without medication i would be dead, without a doubt. An increase doesn't have to be forever. When your battle has been too hard for too long, more medication, maybe something that will make you sleep more or feel very relaxed during the day, will help you to rest and reduce this panic. Sleep healed my brain.

Beorn the Bear

Beorn the Bear

Meds work for some, not so much for others. You need to find what works for you.

Would you want to die if you were happy? Of course not, your mindset CAN be changed/improved.

In saying that I know what it's like to struggle with suicidal thoughts. You have my empathy my friend. Seek a path to find a better place. Don't give up. Death comes naturally and will arrive soon enough.

EarthChild

EarthChild

I'm in a very similar place to you. Been in hospital ten times since diagnosis. Feel like people don't take me seriously. Want to die. Have psychosis but the hospital stays mainly due to self harm/depression

So I understand. You're not alone. You're in the right place. Hugs

Northern Girl

Northern Girl

Your not alone. Sorry you are having this. Don't give up. Hope you feel better and things improve for you soon.