• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

I want it back.

M

madsheep

So I've been stable for two months and now on a downer. The meds have stopped the downs to an extent but they have also stopped the highs. I want my happy hypomania moments to come back. I mean yeh I spent more than I have and I drove dangerously but I felt so happy. So confident and alive.
Not like I am now. Down in the depths. It's almost worth stopping my meds just to have a high again. So at least things can even out. I can have more happy times to combat the bad times.
Does any of this make sense?!?

calypso

calypso

Admin
yes it makes sense. But the price we pay is too high often. Its like we have the same as drug addicts, without taking the drugs to get high. But they get the same, the horrible downer afterwards.

Don't stop the meds, or if you do, do it very, very slowly and preferably with a doc to over see it. Coming off suddenly will normally cause a crisis - I know, I did it once! Won't do that again in a hurry.

megirl

megirl

It does indeed make sense.
I have just had an episode similiar and with my usual lack of insight at the time my actions were justified.
I now owe 1000 dollars on my credit card! And yeh the bloody speeding in my car putting others at risk.
Though I don't feel down hoping to pay back the money I owe asap.
Please don't stop your meds on your own you need to discuss this with your doctor.
I get the hypomania but the agitation and anxiety aren't worth it (in hindsight)
hope your mood settles soon