• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

I try my best to stay kind but they still mean.

Thekwitha

Thekwitha

Hello, I hope everyone is healthy and happy.
This is my first time being here... Please be nice to me hehe

It's my first time having a job. I don't know what to expect really.
I'm scared to talk about it in detail but...
Since the first time I got here, they never been so nice...
Mom said, 'give it a time, you'll get along with them' and I waited... for more than 8 months...
That's when I realize, they're just like that.

Even after all the mean words, yelling, rudeness, being ignored.. I still try my best to be nice to them.
Never once I talked back or say anything to them... lowkey hoping they would notice and change but they didn't.
What did I do wrong here?

Freespirit777

Freespirit777

formerly Linda1989
People are like that to me too. I dont say anything to no one and people hate me. It was like that in school. Now im scared to talk to people because of my fear of rejection.

Thekwitha

Thekwitha

@Freespirit777 I'm sorry you to go through that.. I hope someday those people can see what a genuine and kind person you are... We know dealing with kind of people is not easy..

Freespirit777

Freespirit777

formerly Linda1989
Just a few mins ago my mother was talking to my dads cousin and I joined the conversation all of sudden he had a attitude with me about not leaving the house all because I said I wanted to carry a gun for protection. This is the same guy who is also a pedo and try lure kids in the alley way. I should of knew it was going to happen he is a rotten human being even though he is a preacher.

JessisMe

JessisMe

@Freespirit777 I’m sorry that your Dads cousin is such a bad guy. Do you think maybe he was worried about you or someone else getting hurt if you were to start carrying a gun and suggested staying home as a way to protect you? I’m sorry you feel that you need protection when you are out and about. Do you live in a rough neighborhood? xo, j

JessisMe

JessisMe

@Thekwitha you didn’t do anything wrong. Different workplaces have different workplace cultures. It sounds like the culture there is to behave poorly towards other co workers and to treat them poorly also. You are doing the right thing by keeping a low profile and continuing ti just be nice to them. You are there to do a job, you don’t have to make friends. Does it get so bad that it seems like something to speak to your supervisor about? You can also try to change jobs but it’s possible that the new job could have similar problems. The people here on the forums are very nice and will not berate or scold you for seeking support here. We enjoy helping others so please don’t hesitate to visita the forums to get support for this. Welcome to the forums! Xo, j

Freespirit777

Freespirit777

formerly Linda1989
@JessisMe no he was putting me down clearly saying i have no life. I dont run the street like some of the people in my town. I guess preachers have more respect for people who do drugs or get drunk. People who are in the world. I dont bother no one unlike him trying to lure children in the ally way. Its preachers like him giving other preacher a bad name. He also molested my cousin when he was just a baby. I cant imagine what other things he did behind close doors. He never been married or been in long term relationship.

JessisMe

JessisMe

@Freespirit777 he seems like a creepy guy I’m so sorry that you have to have dealings with him. I hope that you are able to stay away from him as much as possible. xo, j

Thekwitha

Thekwitha

@Freespirit777 oh dear.. it must be pretty scary environment you're in since you have the need to carry a gun. Don't get to close to him, he's creepy omg. Did other family member know about his behavior?

Thekwitha

Thekwitha

@JessisMe thank you so much for your respond J. I appreciate it a lot. It is not easy at this moment to have someone to talk to.. Thank you. I did actually, she's my cousin. and sadly she's also aware about the situation a long long time ago and just told me to hang on a bit. Since she also want me to help the family to grow the business.. I'm being patient now since I don't know what to do beside just doing my job.
I'm glad I found this forum. I feel like I can talk to anyone and just be safe..