• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

I thought i was stupid but maybe it's not me.

E

Ethan VI

Good afternoon, i will put it straight and easy to understand: every day, every damned hour of the day i have an obsessive stupid thought that makes me feel anxiety i don't know why. "Buy and wear a fur coat", yes, this stupid thing is, and all the other thoughts are related to this.
It began in 2019 and is still in my mind. The thing is that i consider this thing "feminine" (i'm a male), and from that the problem begins, because after thoughts about doing things like trans or gays would do come to my mind and my level of anxiety increases. I had in 2017-2018 intrusive thoughts about being gay, or bisexual.
Can it be OCD? seriously, all my academic life and personal life has gone nuts because of this single thought about the fur coat. I'm not that stupid to be stuck on this useless thought everyday, there must be an explanation for this, and that is why i'm considering the OCD thing.
What is happening with my mind?

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
E Thought is was over - Not! Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 3
B “What if I’m a boy” the thought has come back again Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 14
T Wow I actually had this thought, I don’t know how to feel (Slightly nsfw) Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 1
I I am intrusive thought that I will forget zip my pant if I don't do it consciously or not aware of it. Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 1
H I found a way to escape from OCD and intrusive thought forever Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 27
Z Freaking out over something I thought I said. Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 1
jonjonzz47 Safety of others OCD thought - Please Help Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 6
I Hello I'm new. I am scared by a disturbing thought :( Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 2
Cherry Layne Intrusive Thought Tics? Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 10
G Bad thought Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 1
G Bad thought Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 3
midnightphoenix idk if this is a OCD thought or if i have to do it to save Tigger Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 16
L Confusing Unique Intrusive Thought Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 6
A Obsessing over the thought of being dead? Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 8
J Intrusive obsessive thought Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 5
M OCD and Blasphemous Thought: How Jesus Christ Saved My Life Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 2
C Thought or voice saying "kill" over and over Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 1
B I cant get rid of a memory thought Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 2
B I feel trapped with this thought Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 2
TreeFrog95 My Weird Obsessively Crazy Thought Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 4
S Hi! First time reaching out for Intrusive thought.... Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 2
D When your OCD makes you repeat the thought that one more time... Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 1
E OCD Thought Association, Input Appreciated Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 4
C Dying is a comforting thought Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 13
J One intrusive thought after another! Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 1
D How do you get past that "Well it must be true" strong thought/feelings Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 2
L Classic Text book: Obsessive thought about my therapist Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 5
A The 17 year long obsessive thought saga Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 4
J Felt like it was the end... Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 16
E HELP!! i am losing MY SANITY! WAS THAT A NEW COINCIDENCE!??????????????? I CANT UNDERSTAND! Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 4
T What did I just do? Was this a groinal response or genuine arousal Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 1
A How was your ERP? Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 2
J Was Anyone A Member Of Stuckinadoorway Forum? Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 4
S Was doing really well but now ocd has found a new obsession Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 4
C I used to think I was the most beautiful girl in the world + no personality + a lot more. Am I a narcissist? Long post—please help. Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 5
A Weird thing I did when I was a kid and teenager Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 1
E Don't know if this is the right forum to post. I saw a rape video by accident when I was like 12 years old and it still affects me with intrusive thou Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 6
blurrypeach Was this OCD... or what? Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 3
I Is this stuff I did when I was young normal? Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 4
D This was useful for me. Take a look Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 1
angry butterfly i'm so stupid... Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 2