• We have just changed our forum software and are still tweaking things. You can log in using your existing user name and password. If you spot any problems please let us know by posting in the Feedback and suggestions section of the forum.

Watch this short film to find out how to use the new forum!

i thought i was getting better

tragicpink

tragicpink

i stopped having panic attacks during sex but tonight i read a text post on the internet about sex and completely lost it. i don't know what to do. it's making my self harm worse too

M

mily87

Hi tragic,
I’m sorry you have to go through this. I just wanted to say #metoo

I thought I was getting better and I am in a way. The flashbacks are less frequent and I have found some ways of dealing with them better ( my boyfriends perfume makes me feel safe so I spray it during a panic attack) but today was a bad one for me.

People in my house were arguing, not badly or anything but I was instantly transported back to when I was a kid. I feel like I can’t breathe. That the atmosphere is choking me. It is happening to me all over again. My mother is standing over me and I feel like I am going to die. But in that moment I am more afraid of living with her than dying and THAT scares me.

Right now I am afraid to go to sleep because although I know I am now an adult I am petrified that when I open my eyes she will be there.

Sorry if this doesn’t help you 😔