• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

I think somebody is harassing me.

M

MattNJ89

Hello, I have a problem. When I try to fall asleep at night I begin to hear somebody yelling at me to wake up. I do not know if it is somebody outside messing with me or if I am just imagining it. It has been keeping me up and I am beginning to feel sick. I guess I should just get a voice recorder so I can go to the police and get help. Should I see a doctor? What should I do?

v01ce5

v01ce5

Hi Dan

voices can be an internally generated and may not be audible to anyone else but yourself. If this is the case, there is no need to panic, you can find ways of overcoming the distressing aspects of the experience. Firstly you could find more about other voice hearers experiences, you can read this introduction http://www.intervoiceonline.org/200...practical-guide-to-coping-with-hearing-voices about voice hearing.

There is also a useful "Strategies for Coping with Distressing Voices" Guide you may also find useful. It has been put btogether by voice hearers in Australia http://www.intervoiceonline.org/assets/2007/10/5/HVNA_Coping_Stratigies_poster.pdf

Paul

J

John A

Founding Member
When I Googled the hypenated word voice-to-skull just now, I found over three quarters of a million search results. You shouldn't need to read them all to get the gist of what your experience could be. :)

I don't advise going to the police on your own, unless you want to be locked in a mental hospital and medicated by force, potentially for the rest of your life.

Record the voice that wakes you up, if you can using ordinary technology. If this fails, Google "Recording the Microwave Hearing Effect" for information about what equipment you'd need to record voices you can hear that others neaby cannot here.

Whatever the explanation for the voice that is inflicting (at the moment, mild)sleep deprivation on you, in my opinion the voice cannot do you as much harm as it is likely that the police and the medical profession will do to you between them, if you don't get help from other voice hearers, willing to come with you when see the police or your doctor, before exposing yourself to the brutalities of the "thought police" system, by complaining.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

diddypinks

ACCOUNT CLOSED
go see a docotor tell him whats happening if you feel nervous write down what you want to say before you go goodluck diddy

J

John A

Founding Member
go see a docotor tell him whats happening if you feel nervous write down what you want to say before you go goodluck
If you want to get imprisoned without charge or trial, and to be forced to take medication for the rest of your life, even though the medication makes you feel ill, reduces you ability to think and to stay awake, makes you fat, causes you to shuffle and experience lockjaw-like symptoms, impairs sexual function, and reduces your life-expectancy, then walk straight into a trap from which it is very difficult to escape, by taking the advice Diddpinks gave you; go straight to your doctor, and tell him that you are hearing voices.

In my opinion if you want to remain at large, drug-free, feeling well, intelligent, alert, your normal weight, able to walk and talk normally, sexually attractive and attracted, and to grow old before you die, then please do a bit of research on the internet, to find the testimonies of survivors of psychiatric abuse.

John

Last edited by a moderator:
A

Apotheosis

If you want to get imprisoned without charge or trial, and to be forced to take medication for the rest of your life, even though the medication makes you feel ill, reduces you ability to think and to stay awake, makes you fat, causes you to shuffle and experience lockjaw-like symptoms, impairs sexual function, and reduces your life-expectancy, then walk straight into a trap from which it is very difficult to escape.
Some of us had no choice in this.

M

mad as a hatter

at least if i tk these meds i have some control bk and have a bit off a normal life no brainer then

J

John A

Founding Member
Some of us had no choice in this.
Do you mean: No choice about going to see a doctor and telling the doctor "what's happening", as Diddypinks suggested? (If so, why no choice?)

Or no choice about what happened after trusting a doctor? (Which was my point.)

Are you feeling more cheerful now? I hope so. :)

S

saltandpepper

John,
Many of us let it slip to family members, and they spill it to doc; and then all hell breaks loose; haunts you for the rest of your life. The original poster has never replied to this thread. I wonder if he's alright?
Sal

T

terri

Hi Dan

voices can be an internally generated and may not be audible to anyone else but yourself. If this is the case, there is no need to panic, you can find ways of overcoming the distressing aspects of the experience. Firstly you could find more about other voice hearers experiences, you can read this introduction http://www.intervoiceonline.org/200...practical-guide-to-coping-with-hearing-voices about voice hearing.

There is also a useful "Strategies for Coping with Distressing Voices" Guide you may also find useful. It has been put btogether by voice hearers in Australia http://www.intervoiceonline.org/assets/2007/10/5/HVNA_Coping_Stratigies_poster.pdf

Paul
So, what you are in effect is saying that voice hearing is a 'brain disease'. Is this my correct assumption, or have I read you wrong?

Sorry to cause you any distress for I know you are coming our way soon, and would truly like to go there, and argue the opposite point, being.... that the voices are no other than voice from over the otherside from behind the curtain.

Zhat is, of course, demons, evil spirits, all hallaballoo, angels, arch angels and every so often, God of course.

Take care Paul, no hard feelings from me heh, how's about you? Tata, which you know means, au revoir, see you later, so long for now, or tatas, which is the opposite and means take good care of yourself for going out together we are.

Sorry to disturb you doh ray mee far so so so s'long, teaser, and count to four for nine has so already gone and so has Santa Theresa, and so now do so no one no more and do go post me a question and I go go answer, otherwise we do someone no arms no lebs no nead and no belly buffhon eifer.

Someone you don't know who needs to nunderstand why you continually go there and do that and that and that and zhat analls...:cry::drool::LOL::hug:

J

John A

Founding Member
. . . the voices are no other than voice from over the otherside from behind the curtain.

Zhat is, of course, demons, evil spirits, all hallaballoo, angels, arch angels and every so often, God of course.
That's certainly the traditional view, prior to the invention of "psychiatry", and it's at least as scientific as the "brain disease" hypothesis.

But nowadays, the voices could also be "counterfeit miracles, signs and wonders" (2 Thess 2). Counterfeit, i.e. articificially simulated effects that merely seem to be supernatural, but which really are nothing more than the effects inflicted upon the innocent, by cruel people abusing clever and poorly-publicised modern technology, known as "voice-to-skull" weapons (q.v.).

This abuse is expressly contemplated in military literature about voice-to-skull weapons, for the "psychological direction" of "selected adversaries", which they would find "most disturbing". There are a lot of voice-hearers who believe that this explains the sources of their voices, largely because of the content. There are other voice-hearers who exhibit severe adverse emotional reactions to any such suggestion, manifested by hostility towards the first group.

M

MattNJ89

Thank you everyone, at the moment I am just shutting the shades, turning on some jazz or talk, and taking a sleeping pill and I am doing fine. I guess I am just imagining things or maybe my neighbors or somebody really just does not like me. I thinking about moving out of the house soon, I live with my parents, who say they do not hear anyone, so whatever is bothering me should not follow me out. Before I do this I will probably talk to somebody before I get a job and move out just to make sure I am fine and do not bring on too much stress. If I ever stop relaxing and start loosing sleep like I was and hearing voices that jolt me up, whether they are in my head or real, I will certainly get a doctor so I do not lose it.

If it is harassment that is going on I guess I could just get a video camcorder and record the room when it s going on so I can at least see for myself what is in my mind or not. It might not be enough to go to the police though if I record anything my parents can confirm unless they say something revealing.

R

rabina

Hi Matt,
Hope you're well.
I don't know where you live, but I suggest not going to the police for starters.
If the voice is being heard in only one room I think this is an important observation on your part.
The answers could be many from moving out permanently or first trying a temporary move with someone you trust and know. If you don't hear the voice in the place you move to; well then, try your best to let it go.
I myself moved out several times and found the voice did not follow me.
I called everyone from the telephone co. to the federal communication commissions when I first began hearing voices and asked if it could possibly be interference coming into the house from God knows where...
It could just be the room itself Matt and possibly the electro-magnetic field in one of the walls giving perhaps some kind of energy the ability to come through as a voice.
Please don't look at as someone harrassing you or try hard not to take it personally also.
Have you tried moving into another room; I moved out of one room and the voice can't seem to get into this room with the help of a television placed in the direct source from where the voice speaks.
I thought it all Matt myself and I did finally record the voice which helped me alot, but don't try and convince anyone the voice you hear is real.
You can read more on my story on Paranormal Suggestions on my profile page; it may help; I hope it can.
Believe in yourself and you can and will learn to deal with the voice no matter where it comes from.
Searching for the source is natural, but the answer may not always come as to the source, but you do have the strength to deal with it...
Take it easy and get some sleep...try many different things, but first always trust yourself and believe in yourself...don't bang your head against a wall though trying to convince anyone of anything.
Medication can help with symptoms, but be careful as to how you relay the story; sometimes anti-psychotics are prescribed instantly when indeed that's not the correct medication at all.
Good Luck Matt...do not take it personally as hard as that is; I know from experience.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
Remember when i heard voices i tryed to record them, didn't work, now on meds i don't hear them but at a cost