I think my personality has split into 2 or 3. What do I do?

M

MrStanton

I feel like there's another person living inside me. For years I have always tried to bottle emotions inside. This has caused me to constantly put on a face to be what the world wants me to be and keep my anger and bitterness inside. I think anger and bitterness has become it's own personality. Sometimes when I'm alone it feels like I am arguing with an angrier and bossier person. I don't trust people and it feels like another person inside me is forcing me to push others away and insisting that the world is not a place where I can trust people. Less than 2 years ago I named this supposed person dark me and after switching jobs this dark me was who I decided I was and went in the new job with a wall up and refusing to talk to people. When it was required to be nicer it felt like a different person came to the surface, a polite and shy person. This dark side of my personality has also recently been referred to as the boss because I feel like I have to satisfy this side of me and keep my distance from people so this side of me will be content.
I also think my confident and humorous side is also a separate personality. Sometimes I feel nervous talking to people, but will still feel like being polite and won't laugh easily. Other times I have no fear in the world and can be cocky and funny and sometimes when I feel shy and polite this side of my personality encourages me.
I have no idea what's going on with me. I feel crazy and don't know where to go to deal with this. I don't know if this is real or in my head and don't know what to do.

midnightphoenix

midnightphoenix

No I can't afford it and I don't even know where to go or how to go about looking for one.
idk if theres any mental health places where you are that offer free or reduced price help, maybe someone else will be along soon who actually knows america :hug:

SunnyDaze

SunnyDaze

I feel like there's another person living inside me. For years I have always tried to bottle emotions inside. This has caused me to constantly put on a face to be what the world wants me to be and keep my anger and bitterness inside. I think anger and bitterness has become it's own personality. Sometimes when I'm alone it feels like I am arguing with an angrier and bossier person. I don't trust people and it feels like another person inside me is forcing me to push others away and insisting that the world is not a place where I can trust people. Less than 2 years ago I named this supposed person dark me and after switching jobs this dark me was who I decided I was and went in the new job with a wall up and refusing to talk to people. When it was required to be nicer it felt like a different person came to the surface, a polite and shy person. This dark side of my personality has also recently been referred to as the boss because I feel like I have to satisfy this side of me and keep my distance from people so this side of me will be content.
I also think my confident and humorous side is also a separate personality. Sometimes I feel nervous talking to people, but will still feel like being polite and won't laugh easily. Other times I have no fear in the world and can be cocky and funny and sometimes when I feel shy and polite this side of my personality encourages me.
I have no idea what's going on with me. I feel crazy and don't know where to go to deal with this. I don't know if this is real or in my head and don't know what to do.
Hi there.

If you have something like DID(aka multiple personalities) it would have developed in childhood from prolonged,severe abuse and the different personalities would have always been there from a very young age.It's not something that would develop in adulthood.But it is possible you could just have become aware of others inside.

Do you have a history of severe abuse in childhood?

The best thing to do is seek out a professional,like a therapist to talk to.

M

MrStanton

Hi there.

If you have something like DID(aka multiple personalities) it would have developed in childhood from prolonged,severe abuse and the different personalities would have always been there from a very young age.It's not something that would develop in adulthood.But it is possible you could just have become aware of others inside.

Do you have a history of severe abuse in childhood?

The best thing to do is seek out a professional,like a therapist to talk to.
I think it's very possible I have had it. I think "the boss" was around since I was little. My parents split up when I was 18 months old. I was mostly polite and shy and got bullied a lot. One day when I was little I was feeling like a different person and a kid tried to bully me and I attacked him. I think "the boss" attacked him because the boss is protective. I've also talked to myself constantly since I was little.

SunnyDaze

SunnyDaze

But it can only develop in childhood from severe abuse that happens repeatedly such as sexual or physical abuse.Do you have any of that in your past?

SunnyDaze

SunnyDaze

DID really isn't something anyone should self diagnose and it's best to seek out a professional.

M

MrStanton

But it can only develop in childhood from severe abuse that happens repeatedly such as sexual or physical abuse.Do you have any of that in your past?
No just being bullied and screamed at all the time.

SunnyDaze

SunnyDaze

Most likely not DID then,which is good news.But,still worth seeking out a professional.
I'm not a doctor though,so don't trust what I say,it really is best to seek professional help.im in the US and there's help that goes by sliding scale fee if you cant afford it.

I said it's most likely not DID because it doesn't sound like it to me.But that doesn't mean it's not some kind of dissociative disorder or some other illness/disorder.

We all wear different hats though,we are all different in different situations. It could be as simple as that or something more complicated. If it's having a negative impact on your life then seeking help is the best route to take.

Hugs

NWiddi

NWiddi

Forum Safety Team
I'm a voice hearer with over three years of experience and it's my firm belief that we all share our bodies with another distinct and separate personality, two minds sharing one body and they're like a passenger mind or a twin brother/sister hidden within us. Mine talks all the time like my own thoughts but different enough to tell who's who in my mind but I haven't spoken back to him for nearly three years due to his bad behaviour.

They have a weird connection to our minds and can influence our emotions, thoughts and actions.

I'm currently reading a book called 'The Daemon - A guide to your extraordinary secret self' where the author Anthony Peake who calls them Daemons says scientists have done experiments on people and found that they live in the right hemisphere of the brain and we exist in the left dominant hemisphere. They've even gone as far as to put the left hemisphere to sleep using anaesthetics or hypnosis and let the right hemisphere take full control of the body and they've spoken to a Daemon face to face.

Throughout his book there are many examples of how Daemons have influenced their Eidolon (our mind) to do great things, but most of the ones I've encountered on these forums are in some way bad just like mine and have used their abilities to torment us and control us in a negative way.

The best way to deal with this other mind is to use Dopamine Reuptake Inhibitors (anti-psychotics) on them, they weaken their influence over us and prevent them controlling our emotions, thoughts and actions as much.

Heidrun

Heidrun

Wow you're just describing the internal struggles I have/had, I have c-PTSD with a DD and sighs of paranoia and have been fighting with an "boss" as well.

Last few months a lot more because I am in therapy and i'm working towards trust and a more off guard approach to people who are close to me. For me it's basically a fight between a newer me (who wants to change and be part of society like a "normal human being") and a "older me" (trust no one, isolation and control). I know the older one has suppressed emotions, cannot trust anyone (Literally anyone!) and is very dominant and takes control. Also I have the feeling most of the paranoia comes from this "boss".

Maybe you can relate, DID is a very specific diagnose and one would definitely need an expert for that. I think you should focus on the symptoms for now, hopefully you can do some things to help this.

The best to you :)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
E Dissociation, Depersonalisation and Derealisation 4