I think maybe I'm OK now

Jaminacaranda

Jaminacaranda

Tomorrow I'm going to see the therapist I've been meeting with for the past six weeks and I'm going to tell her I won't be seeing her again. I've been paying her £40 an hour and no - I'm not sure she has truly earned that. She is lovely and she has listened, that is true, but she hasn't offered me any insights or suggested any possible future coping strategies. I think perhaps these people work to the same principle as GPs treating physical illnesses ie. if you don't treat the illness, 80% of them (I made that statistic up!) will clear up over time anyway. You get my drift.

Yes, I do feel better now, but I think I've healed myself. I'm lucky, I know I am. I was in a very dark place only seven weeks ago, when all I wanted was to die. I've found some balance now - understanding that there are soooo many people much worse off than me. Reading about the migrant crisis helped. F*** me, their lives have been so much worse than mine. I've learnt to count my blessings once again.

Unique1

Unique1

Hiya.

Thanks for sharing, it's good to hear this.
I'm pleased you are feeling better and it's good for us to know You have achieved this.

So glad to hear of your healing.
Wishing you well.
Unique1 xx

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Getting Your Life Back! 1