• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

I think I've made a really bad decision...

S

SkidRow

Hi all,

I've been on a Time To Talk course for the last six weeks and I made the decision yesterday quite out of the blue to quit the course. I had been going every Thursday morning which I have to say I hated doing, I would wake up in the morning and I couldn't wait for it all to be over. I suffer from PTSD and bi-polar and I was told by lots of people that these Time To Talk courses were the bees knees and they would really help but I just didn't like going, I don't think they were for me. So I contacted them and quit this morning, now I'm thinking I made a really bad decision, people were going out of there way to help and I just gave up....

I'm also a full time carer for my mother who has Dementia and I was told yesterday about the government's plans to get rid of carers allowance which has got into my head and I can't stop worrying about it now, come the second half of the year it looks like I'm going to be without an income..great

Kev

MarlieeB

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Ring them back and say that your anxiety got in the way and you are sorry for messing them around etc and that you would like to take back your quitting. I'm sure they are used to people doing it :)

Marliee x

Unique1

Unique1

Yes I agree with marileebee

Ring them back.

Hope it goes ok for you.

Xxx

Gajolene

Gajolene

Group wasn't an option for me, the anxiety and panick disorder from the ptsd just made the experience worse. I didn't feel safe and felt very vulnerable with these types of courses. I am far too introverted and agorophobic for things like that to work myself. I doesn't mean your giving up if you feel quitting is in your best interest. There are other things you can do. Do you have a one on one therapist or psychologist to help you with learning coping tools in stressfull situations? Of course discussing things on here is kind of like group but feels safer to me. There are several self help resources to help with the PTSD as well, that can be found online. I particularily like the tools offered at the smart recovery site. SMART Recovery® - Tool Chest and Homework
I also put my family before myself as well, I can relate with your need to stay strong for your mum and to put your therapy on the backburner. Sometimes we need a break from dealing with our own mental health and to focus on other things more and as long as we are functioning and coping and taking care of ourselves while we are being caregivers, I think thats the best anybody can do really. Sending you a huge hug.:hug1: