• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

i think its happening again

J

jezzy

I was discharged from my psychiatrist and taken off my medication in February after 5 long years of suffering with depression and I never felt so alive, I remember saying to my mum that if anyone can feel as good as I didthen life is worth living. I always thought I would recognise the signs if I ever became unwell again but recently I have been struggling and I'm unsure whether this is just life or if I'm getting poorly.
I have nasty thoughts before I sleep, I sometimes wake up anxious, and I am infuriated by the way my partner breathes and eats and makes noise. I don't want any intimacy and I feel like a robot. Can anyone give me any advice?

katya

katya

I think it's really important for you to keep a diary and assess your mood every so often in a way that's measurable so that you can identify any possible triggers. Maybe keep a graph? I know it sounds a bit mechanical, but it can be quite eye-opening.

It might just be life. Are you having any difficult experiences at the moment?

I'd get in touch with your GP ASAP and just let them know how you're feeling - it's always good to keep them in the loop, and they might be able to offer you some more specific advice.

In terms of your partner, maybe you guys need to spend a little bit of time away from each other so you can appreciate them a bit more? Sometimes being with someone 24/7 makes you hate everything about them - ha!

Another question: do you exercise regularly?

Hope you can get to the bottom of it and can start feeling better soon.

J

jezzy

Thankyou for replying x yeah I think a diary might be a good idea actually, I had to leave college today because I had a panic attack and I had a bad journey home because I thought I was going to puke.
I'm just frightened because I've finally got my life back on track and I'm starting university in a few weeks. My son is of an age now where he knows something is wrong and I just can't spoil things for him or myself.
Thank you again, I'll visit my gp if I don't feel any better by the end of the week xxxxx

J

jezzy

And yeah I do a lot of walking but I'm currently taking Accutane for acne and they're causing me joint pain so I'm unable to run and things x

Faylen

Faylen

Sorry for late response - been off the forum for a week so just read this!

Hm I think the best thing to do is to monitor your thoughts/feelings and take it from there. When it comes to mental health there is always the risk of triggers and life becoming a bit difficult to respond to. If you are starting to feel that these struggles are becoming overwhelming or affecting your day to day life I would definitely return to your GP and get some advise from there.

Let us know how things go chick.

Hug

C

Caro5

Can you try yoga for exercise. Light on the joints but good for strength and stretch and can help the head crap too. Definitely try writing stuff down. Definitely talk to GP and talk in general. Hopefully this is just a small backward step.

J

jezzy

Thank you all for your advice, I'd like to try yoga but I'm unsure where to start!
I haven't yet had chances to visit my doctors, but I've decided I am not going to let me get poorly again. I think a lot of my troubles have come out on paper in the last few days and looking at it I've noticed that I'm very unhappy in my relationship.
My partner is contributing immensely to my feelings of worthlessness and inadequacy and I want him to leave. I'm just so scared because I know it will be followed by years of abuse and manipulation. We broke up when I was pregnant with our 5 year old son and forsome ridiculous reason got back together almost 3 years ago. why I didn't learn my lesson that time is beyond me.
Anyway, it's good to know I can vent my feelings to people xx