• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

I think im starting to have a problem

S

SanitysFoe

I'm 5ft 4.5in and I used to weigh quite a lot after the birth of my daughter. I was obese and at my heaviest. Over the last 6-7 months I started working on myself and lost quite a bit. My goal is a healthy weight. I've been stuck on just above that for over a month despite dieting and exersize 5 days a week.
I should be happy I came this far but I feel disappointed. My breasts are very saggy, I still have armpit fat, my belly is flat and skinny but soft and jiggly. I do cardio 30mins 3 days a week, resistance training 2 days a week and eat fewer cal a day for the last 6 months.
I've been wanting to get toned for so long but no matter what I do I'm still soft. Losing more weight isn't exactly working rn.
I work at wendys so when I get hungry and can't control myself, I've started to purge the food I ate for lunch. maybe 2 times a week. If I'm arbitrarily taken out to eat, I'll purge everything I had or I'll cry in shame. I didn't get to work out today and I'm just sitting here crying over women I see on TV or social media. I don't want to be smaller. I just don't want to be so soft. I'm happy with clothes but unhappy naked. I'm frustrated I see no change. It takes something drastic to see numbers drop so I've decided to completely cut off complex carbs for the year of 2022. No rice, bread, pasta, cereal etc.
How can I get more toned without developing unhealthy eating habits? How long will it take? Do I have to go this far just to lose body fat? I'm developing a problem and I worry it will get worse if I don't see change. idk why I look like this.

Last edited by a moderator:
4LeafClover

4LeafClover

I'm 5ft 4.5in and I used to weigh quite a lot after the birth of my daughter. I was obese and at my heaviest. Over the last 6-7 months I started working on myself and lost quite a bit. My goal is a healthy weight. I've been stuck on just above that for over a month despite dieting and exersize 5 days a week.
I should be happy I came this far but I feel disappointed. My breasts are very saggy, I still have armpit fat, my belly is flat and skinny but soft and jiggly. I do cardio 30mins 3 days a week, resistance training 2 days a week and eat fewer cal a day for the last 6 months.
I've been wanting to get toned for so long but no matter what I do I'm still soft. Losing more weight isn't exactly working rn.
I work at wendys so when I get hungry and can't control myself, I've started to purge the food I ate for lunch. maybe 2 times a week. If I'm arbitrarily taken out to eat, I'll purge everything I had or I'll cry in shame. I didn't get to work out today and I'm just sitting here crying over women I see on TV or social media. I don't want to be smaller. I just don't want to be so soft. I'm happy with clothes but unhappy naked. I'm frustrated I see no change. It takes something drastic to see numbers drop so I've decided to completely cut off complex carbs for the year of 2022. No rice, bread, pasta, cereal etc.
How can I get more toned without developing unhealthy eating habits? How long will it take? Do I have to go this far just to lose body fat? I'm developing a problem and I worry it will get worse if I don't see change. idk why I look like this.
Hello:) I do feel sorry you are in pain. This is an extremely uncomfortable mindset to be in, and I completely understand what you’re going through. The thing is, being soft or having a body that isn’t necessarily toned is a beautiful beautiful body to have for any healthy woman. In our society we are taught the beauty standard is a rock hard body, but in reality it’s almost impossible to maintain a healthy immune system and a healthy brain if your natural genetics don’t easily achieve that goal. Everyone’s body maintains a certain amount of softness or body fat because it knows what is healthy and necessary for the basic functioning of your particular body. You are beautiful and your body is only trying to look after you and your health for yourself and your family. I think if you continue to be more rigid with your eating and restriction it might in fact lead you down a road that isn’t ultimately worth it. It really isn’t. Restriction isn’t even appreciated when your brain has no way to appreciate the goal you might set for yourself. This is because your brain and body are using so much energy and power to stay afloat that you don’t feel proud at a certain “goal”, and the cycle continues and continues. Causing your goal to get even more ridged and restrictive to chase the proud feeling that your looking for. That goal is ultimately to love your body once you get to where you’ve imagined yourself, but it will never be enough. It really won’t trust me.
You are healthy, and you are beautiful. Your weight doesn’t define how you are loved by yourself or others. It doesn’t define your worth, and it doesn’t define your happiness.
If you ever need to talk pls let me know. I am here for you and I am sending my love your way:)