I think im mis diagnosed

W

Wailtail

The guy who diagnosed me put me in the hospital after one meeting with me and now i've been taking medicine for 10 years.

I started hearing voices in 2015 and i call them voices because they're auditory my thoughts are not auditory but i call them thoughts sometimes because no one else can hear them. I've never had visual hallucinations.
they're so distracting and become annoying when I'm doing assignments but comforting when im alone and have nothing to do.

I don't talk to people about what the thoughts say. half the time i dont even remember

boudreauj4

boudreauj4

Welcome to the forum and thank you for sharing. Why do you think you are misdiagnosed?

W

Wailtail

I don't think im not mentally ill i just think im not schizophrenic

everything i believe is based in reality.
everything i see is based in reality
and i just started hearing hallucinations recently

i think i have emotional problems...though...i don't register emotions correctly like i don't understand when someone's lying or sarcastic.

i don't know how to pull up or put down emotions when i need to.

i only feel emotions in extreme conditions and for the most part i feel apathy most of the time or annoyance.

i don't know how to respond verbally to situations even though i don't feel afraid. its awkward what i feel. I feel fine but something holds me back from responding like something stole my words or mind

W

Wailtail

no i haven't didn't know they had those you have a link to one you trust?

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
I’ve just done that and I’m only moderately schitzo must be because I’m in a good place at this moment. Hope it stays that way

W

Wailtail

what do I do if it misdiagnosed I'm not saying I don't have a problem I'm saying I'm not schizophrenic and want the correct diagnosis

P

PrincessJasmine

If you're not sure about your diagnosis you can probably ask for a second opinion. There is a lot of overlap between symptoms, they can be characteristic of lots of different conditions so it is possible for the professionals to get it wrong. It might be difficult getting the correct diagnosis - the professionals will probably be looking for symptoms of a specific condition rather than going through a list of possible diagnoses - but that doesn't mean it can't be done. In the UK you always have a right to a second opinion, I'm not sure about the USA.

Have you tried looking online for a diagnosis that 'feels' like you? Mental health professionals tend not to like it if you walk in and say "I think I've got X" but if you just list your symptoms they might be more receptive.