• Welcome! If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

I think im going crazy.. but it might just be in my head

• Thread starter Deleted member 91705
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 91705

I'm not just hearing voices, sometimes I see people. When i see people they do horrifying things.. I'll just talk about the voices tho
(Trigger Warning! Mentions of suicide attempts)

whenever hear a voice it's usually short, they don't talk for long. When i hear whispering i can never hear what they're saying. Like one time I thought I was talking to my mom but she wasn't even home, or I'll hear my sister screaming my name like I'm dying. Another time i heard people screaming behind me, but I was home alone. I heard a guy screaming at me to just kill myself already. I mean I've tried but obviously they always fail. I don't really want to die, i just want the voices to stop! These voices have been going on for years now, everytime they happen my heart starts to race and I'll hyperventilate. I have tried to tell my mom but she pushes it off and changes the subject. I told my counselor, when i told my mom that i talked to the counselor she freaked out. My mom told me they might take me away, so we had to cancel every future meetings with her.
I could never tell my dad because im atheist and he'll just say to pray and read the bible more. Besides them no one believes me.
Anyways, that's all. I'm sorry for such a message.

JessisMe

JessisMe

I'm not just hearing voices, sometimes I see people. When i see people they do horrifying things.. I'll just talk about the voices tho
(Trigger Warning! Mentions of suicide attempts)

whenever hear a voice it's usually short, they don't talk for long. When i hear whispering i can never hear what they're saying. Like one time I thought I was talking to my mom but she wasn't even home, or I'll hear my sister screaming my name like I'm dying. Another time i heard people screaming behind me, but I was home alone. I heard a guy screaming at me to just kill myself already. I mean I've tried but obviously they always fail. I don't really want to die, i just want the voices to stop! These voices have been going on for years now, everytime they happen my heart starts to race and I'll hyperventilate. I have tried to tell my mom but she pushes it off and changes the subject. I told my counselor, when i told my mom that i talked to the counselor she freaked out. My mom told me they might take me away, so we had to cancel every future meetings with her.
I could never tell my dad because im atheist and he'll just say to pray and read the bible more. Besides them no one believes me.
Anyways, that's all. I'm sorry for such a message.
Don’t be sorry, there are many folks who experience the same things you do here.
I’m sure it must feel scary and make you feel very alone since your parents aren’t accepting of this part of your life. Know that you won’t be taken away for this. Most people who are involuntarily committed are a danger to themselves or others and hearing voices does not make you either of these things. Most people who are involuntarily committed don’t want help but need help to be safe in their communities. You are actively seeking help.
If possible i would continue to check in with your counselor and let them know what you experience with these things so they can make recommendations. Hospitalization to get medications in place followed by discharge from the hospital to monthly meetings with a therapist and psychiatrist would be ideal. If you are admitted to a hospital most people stay there for a few days to two weeks or a little more. Hospitals don’t keep people indefinitely. They are just places to go to get help in the short term. The real work happens with psychiatrists and therapists on the outside. Many people have had success in getting these voices to go away with medication. It can take a few tries with different meds before you are able to find one that works for you so the sooner you are able to get in to see a doctor or psychiatrist for this the better off will be. To find other folks who hear voices on this site click on Forums at the top then scroll downward until you reach the Hearing Voices forum. You should feel right at home and see how many other people experience hearing voices there. xo, j

D

Deleted member 91705

I'd love to talk to a doctor or a medical professional about all this but I can't go by myself because I'm still a minor, and my parents wouldn't take me because they think it's all in my head. My 'counselor' was a school counselor so I can't talk to her anymore. At this point besides this site I'm kinda alone for it

T

TyFence

They are right it is in your head. But it would help to talk to someone. I like to check out with someone if what I hear is true or not. Or to hear a reassuring word at night.