• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

I think I will do EMDR

BillFish

BillFish

I think I will do EMDR, was offered it by the psych a few days ago, I’ve been avoiding PTSD treatment for years. My wife was doing some research on it this morning on the laptop. Apparently I could be a changed man, fight a leopard on the plains of Africa, scale the foothills of the Himalayas and give the Dalai Lama some advice, row across the Atlantic using my hands as paddles, identify a new species and solve world poverty………..seems pretty promising to me :peace:

Kerome

Kerome

I think I will do EMDR, was offered it by the psych a few days ago, I’ve been avoiding PTSD treatment for years. My wife was doing some research on it this morning on the laptop. Apparently I could be a changed man, fight a leopard on the plains of Africa, scale the foothills of the Himalayas and give the Dalai Lama some advice, row across the Atlantic using my hands as paddles, identify a new species and solve world poverty………..seems pretty promising to me :peace:
Hmm, the first four look do-able, the fifth is dodgy, the six and seventh increasingly unlikely. Just saying. But good luck, maybe it will work out. Sounds like the wife is in favour so maybe you'd better do it.

pentagram

pentagram

hope you don't live in cumbria as the waiting list for EMDR is endlessly long. I am having to think of reasons to go on living just in case they ever find someone to help me.

Many many years ago when the NHS wanted to torture me with electric shocks to cure my homosexuality it took only 1 week to find someone and somewhere to fuck me up.

I am growing more bitter by the day.