• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

I think I need to be sectioned

N

Nobodyspecial

So first off I know I posted a thread a few hours ago detailing this but this is extra stuff as I wasn't quite honest in the earlier one and this is a new question.
Please help I really think I need to be sectioned?
Ok so I'm on a 72 hour observation thing where someone comes over everyday and sees how I am. When he came over today I lied to him completely because that wasn't really me talking, I lied about not wanting to act upon my suicidal ideations I have something set up and a load of pills hidden in my room.
It's like it can't help myself when I'm talking about this sort of stuff it's like there is something in my brain (not a voice) that is telling me I need to lie to them because there is nothing really wrong with me and I just go along with it. It's only when I am alone that I can be truly objective like this and actually think about what I need because I am not talking to anyone so I can't stop myself from saying anything. I have self harmed tonight and have plans to kill myself on Monday by taking an overdose of pills while my family is out. It's not like I can tell the man from the crisis team this though as I will not tell the truth. This is not an issue of being scared to tell them it's as if I physically can't, if I even think about saying it I start to shake and my anxiety levels shoot up. I am a danger to myself I know that but I'm such a good liar that nobody will ever know until it's too late. Please I really need help it's super important.
It's not like I can ask to be admitted either because my brain is telling me there is nothing wrong with me when there clearly is as I have been prescribed antidepressants and everything.
Can someone please just tell me what I should do and why I am doing this?
I'm a 20 year old in the uk

Last edited by a moderator:
ScaredCat

ScaredCat

Could you just write down what you have said here and give that to him then you dont need to try and say it

N

Nobodyspecial

I have written the note already
But I'm afraid when he questions me on it I will just lie again :/

ScaredCat

ScaredCat

Think you need to put that on the note too then if you havent already. I know it is really hard but they need to know how you really are. It is obvious you are really scared. Say on the note that you physically cannot talk about it, that your brain wont let you say the truth

N

Nobodyspecial

Why do you think I am like this? What do you think caused it? What will he do about it?

ScaredCat

ScaredCat

I dont know why you are like this.

I know when i first asked for help i found it very difficult to say exactly how i felt but i have learned that you need to say exactly how bad you are as otherwise - well in my experience anyway they will assume you are not that bad.

I dont know what caused it. Maybe that is something you can look into at a later date. I think at the moment the most important thing is that you get the help you need to feel safe.

Hopefully if you are able to give him the note he will be able to get you more support whether that is in hospital or not. You obviously think you need to be in hospital.

Sorry i not much help but i do really want you to be ok:hug:

maybe.shes.a.wildflower

maybe.shes.a.wildflower

ACCOUNT CLOSED
You can get 1 on 1 support. I sleep in at service users houses so 24/7 support is a possibility if youd prefer that to hospital?
Unfortunately appropriate care cant be put in place til you communicate you need it. Last thing you want is to have all your choice taken away if they section you.

Parissa

Parissa

If you think you need to be sectioned, you probably don't need to be sectioned. It is when you don't think you need to be sectioned that you often need to be sectioned. As per my other post, just talk to the CPN's, the psychiatrist, about how you feel, but don't rely on them completely, you need to look after yourself also as they are not always reliable to fall back on.

I found it very hard to talk too, initially. I am much better at it now, at communicating my feelings. When depressed your head is a mess and muddle of thoughts and feelings. Eventually you will figure out whatever needs figuring out so just give it time. You appear to have a lot going around in your mind, lots of questions, just rest assured that eventually you will find the answers, and that the CPN's and psychiatrist will help you find a couple of answers, but mostly it is down to you to figure out for yourself. At the moment though, you are depressed, and at this time it is about the basics such as rest, eat, sleep.

Love Parissa

calypso

calypso

Admin
nobobdyspecial - how are you - talk to me honey. Don't take the overdose, but talk on here to me. You wrote here for a reason and I think you need that support now. Its Sunday, so you still have lots of time. Hold on honey.

I really know how it feels - truly - and I know you can make it. Making that phone call is SO hard, I really get that feeling that you can't talk and say it. Its like your throat won't work and say the words to ask for help. But, do honey, please do ring the Crisis Team and just write the words down and blurt them out. Then see how you go from there.

Get back to me soon honey.

W

whitesummer

The easist thing to do would be to admit yourself, you can always go back and say you no longer want to be admitted, then they may put you on section. I was put on section because I told them the truth (for me that was a mistake ahah) which will work if you need to go to hospital.