• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

I think I must be a rubbish person - but I don't know why?

Wynn

Wynn

Looking for people's opinions please?

Left a post a couple of days ago, saying that my friend (that I have been trying to patch things up with), has now decided, out of the blue, that he is no longer talking to me. Things had been going slightly better I thought, before the summer, so this came as a shock. He refuses to tell me why he's made this decision, or what I've done to upset him (I've never really known what I did in the first place to cause him to get angry either).

I'm feeling really shamed, angry that he chose to hurt me, but mostly sad - I feel like I must be a really *!*$ person, and I don't even know why or how. :redface:

I think our friendship is probably now over, but I would really like to know what his reasons are for not talking/ what I've done to upset him. Am I being unreasonable?

Neferakhet

Neferakhet

Looking for people's opinions please?

Left a post a couple of days ago, saying that my friend (that I have been trying to patch things up with), has now decided, out of the blue, that he is no longer talking to me. Things had been going slightly better I thought, before the summer, so this came as a shock. He refuses to tell me why he's made this decision, or what I've done to upset him (I've never really known what I did in the first place to cause him to get angry either).

I'm feeling really shamed, angry that he chose to hurt me, but mostly sad - I feel like I must be a really *!*$ person, and I don't even know why or how. :redface:

I think our friendship is probably now over, but I would really like to know what his reasons are for not talking/ what I've done to upset him. Am I being unreasonable?

No,you are not being unreasonable.You simply want to learn the reason why he decided to end your friendship with him and that's quite a normal and reasonable thing.

I rarely despise people.But be that a woman or a man I really despise people who doesn't or are afraid to reveal their true motives/reasons why they decided to end a relationship.

Apparently you've already asked him for explanaitions and he refused.I think the only option here is to press him a bit harder and insist on asking for an explanaition.Probably he still won't agree..and at that point there is nothing you can do about but cast him to abyss on your mind.

Brutal honesty+Harsh truth > Lame excuses+no explanations

HeartOfDarkness

HeartOfDarkness

Your are not a bad person, but this so called friend is spineless. If he cant be honest with you then i would say its him who has done something wrong, not you. You dont need someone negative like that.

southby

southby

just a hunch.

could there be a third party who might have precipitated this?

similar has happened to me one or two times in my life and on each occasion there has been a "meddler"

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
5 People 8