• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

I think I might have social anxiety and/or depression.

O

Otis

I always end up typing for ages so I'm just gonna write a list:

I never want to go out when I'm invited out by my friends,even though I enjoy it when I'm there.
I very rarely participate in conversation and when I actually think of something to say I can never find an opening to say it.
I always run conversations over and over in my head constantly, even now I'm thinking what people's reactions are going to be when reading this. Usually it ends badly, or it involves me saying the worst things I could then saying to myself that I shouldn't say that stuff.
Almost everything I do is boring to me, games I get become repetitive after a few days at most, the only social activities I enjoy involve pain, eg, fighting my friends, playing rugby, etc.
I randomly think about all the friends I used to have that I don't talk to anymore and just get really upset. The stupidest things remind me of them as well, like music I listen to every day but listened to with them a few times.

T

TearyEyedx

I always end up typing for ages so I'm just gonna write a list:

I never want to go out when I'm invited out by my friends,even though I enjoy it when I'm there.
I very rarely participate in conversation and when I actually think of something to say I can never find an opening to say it.
I always run conversations over and over in my head constantly, even now I'm thinking what people's reactions are going to be when reading this. Usually it ends badly, or it involves me saying the worst things I could then saying to myself that I shouldn't say that stuff.
Almost everything I do is boring to me, games I get become repetitive after a few days at most, the only social activities I enjoy involve pain, eg, fighting my friends, playing rugby, etc.
I randomly think about all the friends I used to have that I don't talk to anymore and just get really upset. The stupidest things remind me of them as well, like music I listen to every day but listened to with them a few times.
this is literally me. It’s like I could have posted this. I would definitely look into more about Asperger’s syndrome. It definitely sounds like it

OddballOut

OddballOut

I could have written that post too and I definitely don't have autism. Not even close.
My ex has autism (aspergers) and says the dumbest shit to people, can't read social cues at all and has no idea what boundaries are or how to set up appropriate ones. Also definitely does not think or ruminate about what was said after the fact.

I get bored with games etc after a time too. Usually around 5-8 months. My ex obsesses about hobbies for months and months and months. Needs everything that goes with it. Like, if current obsession is with Halo, they buy everything Halo- toys, games. Everything searched on youtube is Halo Halo Halo.

But everyone is different. So, I would try to get to a therapist, psychologist or psychiatrist to get a dx. Self diagnosis can be dangerous. And from what you've described there's a lot of disorders that would fit. It could also just be that you're going through a transition in your life and/or a rough patch. Pretty much everyone gets anxiety and everyone gets depressed at some point in their life.

AlwaysinCrown

AlwaysinCrown

I could have written that post too and I definitely don't have autism. Not even close.
My ex has autism (aspergers) and says the dumbest shit to people, can't read social cues at all and has no idea what boundaries are or how to set up appropriate ones. Also definitely does not think or ruminate about what was said after the fact.

I get bored with games etc after a time too. Usually around 5-8 months. My ex obsesses about hobbies for months and months and months. Needs everything that goes with it. Like, if current obsession is with Halo, they buy everything Halo- toys, games. Everything searched on youtube is Halo Halo Halo.

But everyone is different. So, I would try to get to a therapist, psychologist or psychiatrist to get a dx. Self diagnosis can be dangerous. And from what you've described there's a lot of disorders that would fit. It could also just be that you're going through a transition in your life and/or a rough patch. Pretty much everyone gets anxiety and everyone gets depressed at some point in their life.
Your ex sounds like me.

jajingna

jajingna

Anxiety and depression like to hang out together, don't they? Real partners in crime, up to no good.