• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

I think i might have Schizophrenia

Amelia2020

Amelia2020

Both my grandparents have it on my mother's side. And my aunt has it. I think I might have it because I am always paranoid and think everyone is against me.

I tell my friends and family to be quiet because the new neighbor might hear our conversation.

When I first meet you, I think you are an enemy and I put my guard up. I am not mean to you or anything.
I just get anxious and do not trust you. I believe you are against me and will gossip about me behind my back. About what? Well, where I live. I live in a small, poor, apartment building. I feel like Molly Ringwald in Pretty in Pink lol. I literally believe people sit around talking about me and my apartment building. I even believe they talk online about me. I search online on their social media accounts and I see nothing about me. I feel stupid after.

I also have extreme thoughts on covid. I believe they put tracking devices inside the fluid of the vaccines so they can see where we go.

Do you believe I have Schizophrenia? The paranoid thoughts I have sounds a lot like my grandmother. However, I do not believe people are trying to kill me, like my grandmother seems to believe. And I never saw anything that isn't there. I fear i'm in the starting stage of it and will develop my grandmother's symptoms later. I am 29 and scared. I told this to someone and he said it doesn't sound like I do. He said it sounds like bi polar or borderline personality ( because I also have anger problems and mood swings). What do you think? Thank you so much for answering.

H

haystack

I think you are just cautious and it scares you...if you have schizophrenia you would def seem a lot more strange...paranoia is almost normal...don't worry yet...

Amelia2020

Amelia2020

Both my grandparents have it on my mother's side. And my aunt has it. I think I might have it because I am always paranoid and think everyone is against me.

I tell my friends and family to be quiet because the new neighbor might hear our conversation.

When I first meet you, I think you are an enemy and I put my guard up. I am not mean to you or anything.
I just get anxious and do not trust you. I believe you are against me and will gossip about me behind my back. About what? Well, where I live. I live in a small, poor, apartment building. I feel like Molly Ringwald in Pretty in Pink lol. I literally believe people sit around talking about me and my apartment building. I even believe they talk online about me. I search online on their social media accounts and I see nothing about me. I feel stupid after.

I also have extreme thoughts on covid. I believe they put tracking devices inside the fluid of the vaccines so they can see where we go.

Do you believe I have Schizophrenia? The paranoid thoughts I have sounds a lot like my grandmother. However, I do not believe people are trying to kill me, like my grandmother seems to believe. And I never saw anything that isn't there. I fear i'm in the starting stage of it and will develop my grandmother's symptoms later. I am 29 and scared. I told this to someone and he said it doesn't sound like I do. He said it sounds like bi polar or borderline personality ( because I also have anger problems and mood swings). What do you think? Thank you so much for answering.
Forgot to add. My paranoid thoughts on people talking about me and my apartment is intense. I spent 5 hours trapped in my own head thinking "are they talking about me"? I couldn't think about anything else. When they aren't talking in reality. I can't take it anymore.