• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

I think I might have Bipolar Disorder

Someone_alone

Someone_alone

I go through extreme highs and lows and when its either it lasts for a period of time, for the past month iv been depressed and dont feel motivated to do anything, I wake up late and dont have any self care right now but before this I was super well, waking up early, doing work and getting alot done, I was feeling on top of the world. Iv realized for much of my life its been bouncing between these 2. In between that on a daily basis my mood can change super fast, Ill be super happy and social to all of a sudden being passive aggressive and wanting to be alone and hating people even though nothing bad has happened. However sometimes I feel nothing, im just there but not really. Throughout the day my emotions are very rocky from feeling great to feeling worthless. My dad was diagnosed bipolar 1 (maybe its genetic?)

C

CabbageMama

It can be genetic, but that doesn’t make it certain. Have you spoken to your GP? That is your first step. X

calypso

calypso

Admin
Mood disorders are thought to be genetic, I watch my children for any signs as my mother was bipolar and so am I. I agree with CabbageMama that you need to see your doctor and try to get an appointment through them to see a psychiatrist. There are other things that can cause serious mood swings. I would suggest you keep a mood diary which you do daily. Have 0 as balanced and 1,2,3 as mood going up to high and -1, -2 and -3 as seriously low. It really helps with diagnosis.

Someone_alone

Someone_alone

It can be genetic, but that doesn’t make it certain. Have you spoken to your GP? That is your first step. X
COVID hit me really hard so I cant really afford to just go to a GP and even if I could I don't have the money for a psychiatrist. Healthcare services are really expensive in my country, im going to have to do this on my own for a while

Someone_alone

Someone_alone

Mood disorders are thought to be genetic, I watch my children for any signs as my mother was bipolar and so am I. I agree with CabbageMama that you need to see your doctor and try to get an appointment through them to see a psychiatrist. There are other things that can cause serious mood swings. I would suggest you keep a mood diary which you do daily. Have 0 as balanced and 1,2,3 as mood going up to high and -1, -2 and -3 as seriously low. It really helps with diagnosis.
I'll start doing that, cant go to a doctor right now like I told CabbageMama, I don't have money for a doctor and definitely not for a psychiatrist but I'll try go when I can.

E

Evykaye

I'll start doing that, cant go to a doctor right now like I told CabbageMama, I don't have money for a doctor and definitely not for a psychiatrist but I'll try go when I can.
There are some places that can help and they will either charge you on a sliding scale or won’t charge anything. I have no money and no job right now, so I see a doctor and get my meds through the county. They don’t charge me anything. The last time I had a job they did charge me a few dollars, but it was affordable. Look into your county and see if they offer any medical services. Most of the time they won’t charge anything. It’s worth looking into

M

Mindofthemind

You are a wonderful human for sharing this difficult time with the world.

Having all these emotions is something every human goes through, just some of us go through it extremely intensely and very volatile!

Are you keeping a journal with your thoughts, emotions and situations? I find it incredibly useful to just write down what I'm feeling, what environment I am in, what has happened and what's on my mind. Scoring it can also help, as some situations cause a bit of worrying whereas others cause extreme worrying and is a great insight, knowing your own triggers. Sometimes I reflect and try to add a healthy coping thought in the mix, not in a judgmental way but in a very compassionate.

If you can't afford therapy right now, you can look online for any free consultations or videos that might help. We all go through mental struggles and until we reach out we don't know it.

I hope you feel better soon, but for the time being I just hope you feel you. Take good care of yourself.

M

Mindofthemind

Having all these emotions is something every human goes through, just some of us go through it extremely intensely and very volatile!

Are you keeping a journal with your thoughts, emotions and situations? I find it incredibly useful to just write down what I'm feeling, what environment I am in, what has happened and what's on my mind. Scoring it can also help, as some situations cause a bit of worrying whereas others cause extreme worrying and is a great insight, knowing your own triggers. Sometimes I reflect and try to add a healthy coping thought in the mix, not in a judgmental way but in a very compassionate.

If you can't afford therapy right now, you can look online for any free consultations or videos that might help. We all go through mental struggles and until we reach out we don't know it.

I hope you feel better soon, but for the time being I just hope you feel you. Take good care of yourself.

Someone_alone

Someone_alone

There are some places that can help and they will either charge you on a sliding scale or won’t charge anything. I have no money and no job right now, so I see a doctor and get my meds through the county. They don’t charge me anything. The last time I had a job they did charge me a few dollars, but it was affordable. Look into your county and see if they offer any medical services. Most of the time they won’t charge anything. It’s worth looking into
Thank you I will try look into that

Someone_alone

Someone_alone

Thank you, iv meant to start taking my thoughts down but every time I try I just go blank and it really frustrates me. Going through a really rough patch right now and not getting alot of work done, I havent even been motivated to start anything but I wont stop fighting even if im weak

M

Mindofthemind

Thank you, iv meant to start taking my thoughts down but every time I try I just go blank and it really frustrates me. Going through a really rough patch right now and not getting alot of work done, I havent even been motivated to start anything but I wont stop fighting even if im weak
That just says so much about you and how strong you truly are!! Congratulations for not giving up during one of the most difficult times in your life!
Sometimes I prefer to record myself instead of writing things down, I know my friend prefer to draw or create videos. It is whatever best helps you express yourself!! It can be absolutely anything in existence, as long as it gets your thoughts into the 3D world we live in! Once you find that self expression that clicks, it feels like your heartbeat is beating within your heart again! (don't know if that makes particular sense, but that's how I feel it).

Wishing you all the best these beautiful universe has to offer.