I think I might be autistic.

burt tomato

burt tomato

IDK, just thinking about some social interactions at work led me to believe this. IDK.

midnightphoenix

midnightphoenix

Even if you are, doesnt mean you are anything less than other people, you are worth just as much as everyone else, if this makes sense :hug:

sadpunchingbag

sadpunchingbag

you could go down the process of getting diagnosed i did at age 22 really didn't do much for me answered some questions but doesn't serve me in life i was diagnosed with high functioning Aspergers something i keep from others knowing

T

Trekster33

There are communities which accept people who identify as autistic without an official diagnosis.

Per Ardua Ad Astra

Per Ardua Ad Astra

You could well be, Burt :)

I was first seen by a psych doc at 11 (who was later, I read in a paper), sent to prison for abusing young kids in his inpatient unit. Perhaps not the most reliable of doctors, you might say.

I have spent a lot of time in adult psychiatry, having a diagnosis of schizophrenia for many years, now removed. I have now been diagnosed with ASD, ADHD and 'tics' ( a euphemism for Tourette Syndrome, which I was more than likely case-closed with when I was 11). And this just before I was 50.

Splendid, isn't it. My view of the public services and do-gooders, health, social care and policing, has changed forever :)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
F Autism and Mental Health 1