• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

I think I have Schizophrenia

C

callum1405

So basically for the last month and a half I’ve been having odd thoughts I tend to get intrusive thoughts and sometimes weird feeling my whole life I would blame it on just normal anxiety and stuff, it really started to intensify when I watched shutter island and afterward I watched a beautiful mind and things sort of went downhill from there, my whole life anything I do that I have interest in I obsess over and I have obsessed over people before but the thoughts and intrusive thoughts I’m getting now are becoming difficult to to dismiss it’s mentally exagusting constantly analysising everything that comes through my head, my thoughts are also become a lot more tangential, also getting more paranoid when I don’t need too in comfortable familiar environments, it did get worse this weekend smoked weed once and that just intensified the thoughts my speech is also becoming worse and I’m using the wrong words in sentences shorterm memory is getting worse aswelll example of short term memory being bad is going to send someone soemthing and as sending it I forget who I’m sending it too

Got paranoid on the train back from London about getting my bag stolen

Songs starting to repeat in head a lot more frequently

Just to add my odd thoughts aren’t at an delusional level, they’re more like odd ideas and intrusive thoughts, my girlfriend brings me a water in and I think it’s poisoned is the first idea that pops in my head but I know instantly that isn’t true, another one is that I get paranoid round others thinking they’re speaking about me I know this also isn’t true my odd ideas are just mentally exhausting to dismiss all day I feel like I’m constantly fighting to not be crazy about things and was just wondering am I prodomal and if anyone else could describe how there schizophrenia started

JessisMe

JessisMe

Hello Callum, it doesn’t sound like Schizophrenia to me but I don’t have Schizophrenia so I will defer to those who might be able to help you better. I just wanted to drop by to welcome you to the forum. We are glad to have you here with us. xo, j

C

callum1405

Hello Callum, it doesn’t sound like Schizophrenia to me but I don’t have Schizophrenia so I will defer to those who might be able to help you better. I just wanted to drop by to welcome you to the forum. We are glad to have you here with us. xo, j
Thanks a lot man just feeling so scared at the moment that I’m fucking losing it, got such massive plans and feel like someone’s placed a brick wall infront of me

Avolitionist

Avolitionist

Random notion: what if having schizophrenia didn’t derail your massive plans?

Some of us live with it and do rather well. :)

This isn’t saying you do or don’t have schizophrenia. See a doctor. They can tell you better than we can.

C

callum1405

Random notion: what if having schizophrenia didn’t derail your massive plans?

Some of us live with it and do rather well. :)

This isn’t saying you do or don’t have schizophrenia. See a doctor. They can tell you better than we can.
No I didn’t mean it like that man at all, I have a job in finance so it’s ridiculously stressful and I know schizophrenia gets worse with stress so know I would have to quit

Avolitionist

Avolitionist

No worries. Just a thought. :)

fazza

fazza

The fact that you think you may have schizophrenia usually means in many many cases that you don't.

You have insight which a great deal of people who have not and lost touch with reality i.e psychosis/schizophrenia patients have and therefore have not got a clue that they are ill as their reality of the situation does not normally include the possibility of having a defined mental illness.

That being said. Go and see a doctor. Believe me they have heard this many times and he/she can refer you to a doctor who may have an answer for you.

I have schizophrenia.

P.s Smoking weed will really not help right now. I am an ex weed smoker and not a "don't do drugs" preacher. Weed will really make you overthink everything right now and as we all know weed makes many have paranoid thoughts. It can be really difficult for a doctor to tell the difference between normal overthinking and catastrophising and clinically worrying symptoms and psychotic paranoid thoughts.

It's very worrying when you think you are loosing your mind but in all honesty it really is a good thing that you can see a problem as I stated earlier

M

Mistral

I was a carer for a relative with schizophrenia and he never once accepted that there was anything wrong with him. The book "A Beautiful Mind" could have been written based on his life. He thought that he was an Secret Service man and posted letters with not stamps on them to be collected by an agent in the middle of the night. He also would spend hours looking for patterns in books and newspapers for messages. He did all this before the book or film of "A Beautiful Mind" came out. According to his psychiatrist, my relative had been suffering from schizophrenia for about 35 years before he was diagnosed as being schizophrenic.

I tend to agree with fazza that if you think you have schizophrenia you probably do not have it. Schizophrenia was described by my relative's Psychiatrist "as behaviour being disconnected to emotions". I think my relative exhibited symptoms of the condition when he was stressed. Perhaps he just could not deal with the emotions that came up sometimes.

C

callum1405

I was a carer for a relative with schizophrenia and he never once accepted that there was anything wrong with him. The book "A Beautiful Mind" could have been written based on his life. He thought that he was an Secret Service man and posted letters with not stamps on them to be collected by an agent in the middle of the night. He also would spend hours looking for patterns in books and newspapers for messages. He did all this before the book or film of "A Beautiful Mind" came out. According to his psychiatrist, my relative had been suffering from schizophrenia for about 35 years before he was diagnosed as being schizophrenic.

I tend to agree with fazza that if you think you have schizophrenia you probably do not have it. Schizophrenia was described by my relative's Psychiatrist "as behaviour being disconnected to emotions". I think my relative exhibited symptoms of the condition when he was stressed. Perhaps he just could not deal with the emotions that came up sometimes.
Thanks for the reply everyone, I do get what you mean by when you say if you think you have it you probably don’t have it, I think my obsessive nature and thoughts Jusy take me down a weird path constantly and I sort of slid myself into a bracket I don’t fit in I’m still going to phone a doctor and see what’s going on and get a proper diagnosis, but honestly guys thank you so much for your replies !!!! Put my mind at ease

C

callum1405

The fact that you think you may have schizophrenia usually means in many many cases that you don't.

You have insight which a great deal of people who have not and lost touch with reality i.e psychosis/schizophrenia patients have and therefore have not got a clue that they are ill as their reality of the situation does not normally include the possibility of having a defined mental illness.

That being said. Go and see a doctor. Believe me they have heard this many times and he/she can refer you to a doctor who may have an answer for you.

I have schizophrenia.

P.s Smoking weed will really not help right now. I am an ex weed smoker and not a "don't do drugs" preacher. Weed will really make you overthink everything right now and as we all know weed makes many have paranoid thoughts. It can be really difficult for a doctor to tell the difference between normal overthinking and catastrophising and clinically worrying symptoms and psychotic paranoid thoughts.

It's very worrying when you think you are loosing your mind but in all honesty it really is a good thing that you can see a problem as I stated earlier
Thanks for the reply everyone, I do get what you mean by when you say if you think you have it you probably don’t have it, I think my obsessive nature and thoughts Jusy take me down a weird path constantly and I sort of slid myself into a bracket I don’t fit in I’m still going to phone a doctor and see what’s going on and get a proper diagnosis, but honestly guys thank you so much for your replies !!!! Put my mind at ease

L

llittlelostlady

Tell em to feck erf just sayin'

J

JustAUser

The weird trick of schizo is that patient with such kind of illness will 100% be sure that he is healthy (mine experience + a lot of other people that i know/heard in real life), but healthy people in opposite sometimes tend to say that they have schizo...

L

llittlelostlady

eh.im hearing stuff tbat shpould not be theere

L

llittlelostlady

The weird trick of schizo is that patient with such kind of illness will 100% be sure that he is healthy (mine experience + a lot of other people that i know/heard in real life), but healthy people in opposite sometimes tend to say that they have schizo...
oh something is wrong and thdn some since my bike smash 3 years ago