• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

I think i had a panic attack

Fern

Fern

I was out with a friend last night and felt unwell and lightheaded so I went to the bathroom. I looked in the mirror and thought my pupils looked very big. Then I locked myself in the cubicle and rang my sister to come get me. My heart was racing and I felt odd. Could this have been a panic attack. I was afraid I'd been spiked. I was OK after a while and felt fine once I got home. Nothing like this has happened before.

O

OlderStudent

I think taht you did the correct thing.

to me, it doesn't sound like a panic attack though, but could be wrong as each person is unique.

how much had you to drink? what you eaten? how much had you drunk of your last drink>

Fern

Fern

I’d had about 6 bottles of 7up. I don’t drink. I’d just had two sips out of my last drink. I had gone to the shop next door while my friend got the drinks. I don’t know if they were left unattended. We had just eaten before that. It was early around 8pm

O

OlderStudent

well, defiantly not alcohol then!
possibility of spiking based on pupils and feeling.
the other question is what could have triggered the attack :S

catmommy

catmommy

Panic attacks can be very frightening. When panic attacks occur, you might think you're losing control, having a heart attack or even dying.

Fern

Fern

The day my dad died I was sweating and dizzy and hyperventilating. I could feel my pulse in the back of my neck. I sat down and took deep breaths and it passed quickly. This thing that happened yesterday seemed different. When I got home yday evening I was completely fine. It could be I was spiked with something I have a bit of resistance to due to my meds.

O

OlderStudent

you would be surprised. I used to take high dose painkillers, like morphine level with little effect. a 5mg diazepam would take me out though.

O

OlderStudent

you are doing some training arent you? could it be because of that?

Fern

Fern

I only did one session yet and it was on Thursday morning so two and a half days prior. I’ve not taken it for years but it felt a bit like I had taken my first dose of olanzapine.

O

OlderStudent

as in drowsy? i do think that something might have been put into your drink rather than a panic attack :( that is just my suspicious mind though

Fern

Fern

Light headed and off balance and olanzapine always made my pupils huge

O

OlderStudent

there has been a lot of spiking down this way recently :/

I would love to catch some of the "insert swear words here!

N

natalie

Hi Fern

Sorry about to hear what you had to have gone through.

I would report this matter to the Police, they can investigate the situation, and prepare to run checks on, also, do contact your GP, they might have a better insight, whether if it was a genuine kind of panic attack you experienced, yesterday. On the other hand, doesn't sound like a panick attack to me, it could just be a new side affect problem you are experiencing - are you still taking Onlanazpine? Or are you are now on a different med? If you ar e on a different med, could be a trigger off from t hat. I haven't heard of onlanzpine to cause bigger pupils. Then, I haven't had onlanazpien, not for many years.

Best regards, and do rest up tonight. And try to avoid that pub/restaurant again, if youi can you don't wish to have the same run of the mill problem, again.

Take care.

N

natalie

Hi Fern again,

If you are on a high dose, not t o high dose of Onlanzapine, then, this is quite possible this kind of side affect to happen. On a low dose, such triggers of side affects, or attacks, wouldn't happen.

I take Abilify, though I haven't on liquid form solution experienced such near problems, as you had, last night.

I would consider, reducing the amount of 7 up that you have, 7 or 8 is a awful lot to consume at a meal. particular non sugar versions.

Best regards.

Fern

Fern

No I'm not on Olanzapine now, I was just on it in the beginning in 2013 when I first got sick. I've been on a combo of invega and ability for the last year and no problems on it.

I don't usually drink 7up at all. They were very small bottles. My friend was drinking bottles of beer quite quickly and I was having one every time they had one. We were there for the football match and then another hour so around 3 hours.