• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

I think I figured out why everyone thinks I am a lesbian! Please help

B

Bear0207

Ok....for basically all my life people often mistake me for a lesbian. I would have no issue with that except for the fact that I am not or have never had any desires. I have really tried to pinpoint why lately, as it gets embarrassing and is hard to find a date! Then I realized something very strange about myself. When I find a male I am attracted to I find pleasure in imitating him. Wearing clothes like him, making the same style gestures and faces, enjoying the same activities, and even talking like him. This has to be some type of mental condition and a very good reason why I am often thought of as a lesbian. If someone can relate please help!!

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

I think this is just a personality quirk. I do not think you have a condition IMO.

It just part of who you are. I guess it is quite charming, but I don't think you would continue with this behaviour for ever. You would just get over that and act normally again, right?

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

I notice you've posted this in the personality disorders forum and i'm wondering if you believe that you might have a personality disorder?

One symptom of Borderline Personality Disorder can be to imitate others in the way you describe due to a lack of identity, though not everybody with BPD does this. However, unless there are other things you're experiencing that would also fit in with having BPD, it may just be a personality quirk like Burt said. This one thing alone doesn't really indicate a problem.