• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

I think I am schizophrenic.

Hello513

Hello513

It is one of the three diagnoses I have had. Depresion with psychotic tendencies, bipolar, and schizophrenia. I think its schizophrenia, and I think it will be a life long struggle. I make deal after deal with these bastard voices prove you are real and your cause is just, and I might listen. They do niether. Most likely I will never be rid of them, and they are not real. Most likely I will be fighting this battle for life. Never the battle I wanted to fight, but neccesary to fight I suppose.

I suppose this means death to all my dreams for this life. As this condition means I can never acomplish any of them, but the consolation prize is this I get to defy these bastards for life.

Unfortunately based off of what I know the only one I am defying is a part of myself.

I have attempted to reconcile with the bastard time and time again, and welcome him back into me, but I fear I am beyond that now.

I know the bastard is most likely a part of me, and not truly some telepathic source.

Its hard to live with the idea that i just broke and created a monster inside of me that is essentially another version of me.

soul searching

soul searching

Hi Hello513(that sounds pretty comical!)! I was recently diagnose with schizoaffective disorder and I have a voice too. It's really mean a lot of the time. It is better now that I am on meds. While it is a battle but it's also manageable. Sometimes my voice is nice and offers good advice. This is the only time I listen to it. It told me it was a psychic and I unfortunately believed it for a long time. I know it is a lie, it loves to lie. It is just a part of my brain that is unbalanced or sick(more like it is on demon steroids or something sometimes). Mostly I try to stay distracted and ignore it. Music and exercise are the best distractions for me. Now that I'm no longer delusional, I have a second chance at life. I'm following my dreams, so can you!

S

Schizophrenic Dave

I believed for a few years that the voices in my head were people communicating with me telepathically but eventually I realise that the belief in telepathy itself was a symptom of my illness and once I convinced myself it wasn't real it got that little bit easier to deal with those voices, I could start to accept my illness fully and move past it to an extent, I've still got a long way to go as I've only been mentally unwell for 4 years but for me I've found it gets easier as time passes and symptoms improve, obviously not in all cases but in mine they have at least. As has been said above, you don't have to give up on your dreams, they may be harder to achieve but at the end of it you'll be able to stand proud that you did what others couldn't even though you have this constant internal battle, keep pushing forward and making slow progress and eventually you'll be able to achieve those goals but whatever you do don't give up, once you have the mindset that you'll never be able to achieve anything you'll find it hard to get back out of that hole you'll have climbed into.

L

lifecangetbetter

Externalise the voices. They are not you.
this is a good coping strategy. ive lately been thinking th voices are inside me and it has made me much, much unhappier so its best to externalize them. some people may refer to them as entities and karma from past lives

D

DLswifey3825

It is one of the three diagnoses I have had. Depresion with psychotic tendencies, bipolar, and schizophrenia. I think its schizophrenia, and I think it will be a life long struggle. I make deal after deal with these bastard voices prove you are real and your cause is just, and I might listen. They do niether. Most likely I will never be rid of them, and they are not real. Most likely I will be fighting this battle for life. Never the battle I wanted to fight, but neccesary to fight I suppose.

I suppose this means death to all my dreams for this life. As this condition means I can never acomplish any of them, but the consolation prize is this I get to defy these bastards for life.

Unfortunately based off of what I know the only one I am defying is a part of myself.

I have attempted to reconcile with the bastard time and time again, and welcome him back into me, but I fear I am beyond that now.

I know the bastard is most likely a part of me, and not truly some telepathic source.

Its hard to live with the idea that i just broke and created a monster inside of me that is essentially another version of me.
So, my husband has no kind of diagnosis but his dad was schizophrenic and I'm really thinking he's suffering from the same. He has said things, almost daily so many times I've lost count, to this same effect. <the part about bargaining with the "voices"> and I say it like that with NO disrespect meant at all, im just at my end here. I don't know what to do, who to turn to, what questions to ask, or how I should go about handling this situation with as much compassion and love as I can.. because Lord knows that up til now, I've been doing poorly at it. I'm mean to him because I don't know what I'm doing, and I get frustrated and don't understand what exactly he's going thru. PLEASE HELP.!!!

L

Lab rat

Talk to your husband quitely and calmly. Quite and calm are important. It is with me, I can go off the deep end pretty quickly in an argument, that serves no purpose and helps no one. All you can really do to help is keep things calm and as much as possible minimise stress.

This is probably debris left over from jail, but he needs to be seen by a professional and perhaps some meds may help.

T

toto

And what do you mean by a normal life or what do you dream about? As far as I understand you, seen from the side, you suffer from low self-esteem. When you can't do something or you're tired, the voices in question offend you. You have too much self-irony and a tendency to offend yourself. And why do you perceive the voices as foreign? Perhaps because of the high level of stress, the connection with reality is lost. At first, treat yourself well, pamper yourself, increase your self-confidence. Let's see if you will have votes then.

T

toto

Or another interpretation. One part of you behaves like a child, another - like an adult. And if you want to play games, for example, the other part of you is trying to limit you. Did your parents insult you? If the voices are offensive?

T

toto

Sometimes roles are reversed. You are responsible, while the votes are irresponsible. It's good to think if you don't think the same about yourself that the voices tell you. It is good to visit a therapist to help you discover your positive traits and increase your self-esteem, these voices to stop or be positive.

T

toto

I don't know if he translated it correctly, so I'll try again. Do you share the same opinion as the votes for your personality? If they called you a fool, do you really think you're a fool? For example, a user here wrote that he had established control over the votes ... if they wanted to play games, he agreed with them that he only gave them an hour.

T

toto

My opinion is that it is not the votes that are being played, but the user in question. Everyone is made up of want and need. What I want is personal selfishness, and it must be determined by the environment - parents, teachers, friends, enemies. For some reason there is a conflict between must and want, a kind of breaking of the character of two persons.

T

toto

Another reason may simply be a brain defect that involves a sleep phase, but when you are awake. But if that's really the case, I don't know if therapy would help. Still, it doesn't stop you from trying to boost your self-esteem. In my opinion, these voices, if offensive, are part of your own self-irony.

T

toto

I believed for a few years that the voices in my head were people communicating with me telepathically but eventually I realise that the belief in telepathy itself was a symptom of my illness and once I convinced myself it wasn't real it got that little bit easier to deal with those voices, I could start to accept my illness fully and move past it to an extent, I've still got a long way to go as I've only been mentally unwell for 4 years but for me I've found it gets easier as time passes and symptoms improve, obviously not in all cases but in mine they have at least. As has been said above, you don't have to give up on your dreams, they may be harder to achieve but at the end of it you'll be able to stand proud that you did what others couldn't even though you have this constant internal battle, keep pushing forward and making slow progress and eventually you'll be able to achieve those goals but whatever you do don't give up, once you have the mindset that you'll never be able to achieve anything you'll find it hard to get back out of that hole you'll have climbed into.

Bravo! That is the true. :)