• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

I think he's leaving me

AlexisWillow

AlexisWillow

I've suffered with extremely horrible anxiety for a very long time. It's always made my confidence virtually nonexistent. I also have depression, BDD and PTSD from sexual abuse.

Recently, since I've scheduled to see a therapist, am taking medication to ease my anxiety and stress symptoms and have been coming on this forum, my confidence has been going up quite a lot. I wouldn't say I'm overconfident, I just don't feel like crap anymore, and I've been walking with my head held high and not worrying about too much.

However, my fiance now seems to be worried that I'm going to cheat on him since it's happened to him before (not by me, his ex girlfriend). This is because I'm more comfortable talking to men; obviously just as friends. I love my fiance to absolute bits, I'd never EVER cheat on him or leave him. We're getting married, for crying out loud, I'd never have accepted his proposal or thought about kids with him if I wasn't 100% in this relationship.

We had an argument about me talking to guys more comfortably now (I'm a tomboy, so I get along better with men, plus this guy has been through a lot of what I have. I do talk to a lot of other women also) and he feels he cannot do things alone. I said that he can, but since yesterday he was very distant and barely spoke to me until the end of the day, I'd feel more comfortable if he had time away from me when he wasn't distant or angry with me.

He is in the car right now, once again, to get away from me. He kept saying "Why don't you just break up with me?" I'm scared he really does want me to leave him. I'm terrified he might even leave me now. I love him so much. I feel all my confidence and self-esteem has been shattered once again and I'm crying my eyes out.

I can't lose him, he means so much to me. I've got no idea what to do, he means the world to me and I think I've lost him. It's all my fault, if I didn't have all these mental illnesses and my horrible past we'd be fine right now.

Any advice at all, please? I'm freaking out right now. :panic: :low: Please help me.

V

volnash

Maybe have a long chat about what he really wants, im honestly at a loss for any good adwice here other then that, i can say that me and my girlfriend get this alot and speaking for us, id say it's not good but i dont know anything about your relationship.

Just sending you many hugs too, and i hope you sort things out with him i have a friend whom i havent seen in a long time coming over, so i only can write something short for now but if you are online later i will do my best to give you the best adwice i can give.

Take care of yourself, and whatever happens we will talk later.

AlexisWillow

AlexisWillow

Thank you both for the messages!

He's finally home. We talked things over and it was just insecurity. He's coming to therapy with me from now on for a bit to talk about his insecurity. He said he was just tarring me with the same brush as his ex and shouldn't have done that.

I'm so glad he's not left me. I'm a bit distant right now, still shocked at what happened but really am glad he's home and we're still together.