• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

i think he thinks i'm crazy

Mr Oreo Bunny

Mr Oreo Bunny

hi
i get very very very just not okay in general in the springtime. like mental breakdown every other day for hours. it happens every year so i'm used to it. there's a new boy though, and i think he thinks i'm crazy. i dont really think straight when i'm in the middle of a anxiety attack and so the sentences kinda run together, and i end up just replacing every period with "and," and i don't know how to explain to him that i'm not okay and what's wrong without sounding like i just want attention and pity. keep in mind this happens like every few days.... i don't want him to get tired of dealing with me and i need help

P

plutosimple

When you are nervous, that is what the brain is wired to do. It is part of the "fight or flight" response. Your brain brings attention to your present environment looking for danger and you lose the ability to think rationally and creatively. It happens to me as well. I can express myself so well in certain situations, but others I clam up and blunder through it. The one thing I've realized though that is telling the truth in these situations is easy. i.e. "I'm really nervous right now". If it is somebody you are interested in, I can't think of a nice guy I know that wouldn't find it flattering if somebody said to me "I feel nervous talking to you because I like you." Sure, the rejection is always a worry but it is also very freeing to own your own faults and have somebody like you in return regardless of them.

Also, I'm impressed that you are are "used to" your "mental breakdown" in the spring each year. Thats acceptance... I think you just need a little more of it. 😃

E

EclipticNight

As for springtime always messing with you it could be seasonal affective disorder. Every late autumn and all winter my moon is always low all day.

If you tell a partner a fundamental part of yourself and they leave you, you should be grateful, you don't need that in your life. We humans are package deals.