I think dad has dementia.

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
He might be better off in a nursing home Burt. It sound as if he’s quite a lot to cope with on your own

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

I am going to have a cup of tea, and see if I can get him to have a mental health assessment. That is the issue. He will not cooperate, and will not eat any food. What do you think?

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

He might be better off in a nursing home Burt. It sound as if he’s quite a lot to cope with on your own
yes it would be a relief I admit. But perhaps if he was sectioned, that would give time to sort his diagnosis out and get help.

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

i hope they help, burt :hug:
I asked for an emergency mental health assessment. At the end of the call, the person said he was going to get a clinician to call me to discuss the next steps.

TBH it would be a relief if he was sectioned and got some proper mental health help.

midnightphoenix

midnightphoenix

I asked for an emergency mental health assessment. At the end of the call, the person said he was going to get a clinician to call me to discuss the next steps.

TBH it would be a relief if he was sectioned and got some proper mental health help.
i hope they section him then, idk what happens when someone gets sectioned :hug:

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

Hi Burt,
Some areas have dementia nurses that would help, ask your Gp staff if one in your area.
It can be so hard encouraging them to eat and drink.
Is he a danger when your at work to himself?
Glad your getting help tonight.
Take care

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

So I am going to get a call from the out of hours GP, and they will decide what happens next.

I am worried about how to get him to eat and drink. He still has the strength to resist me, but he will get weaker eventually.

midnightphoenix

midnightphoenix

So I am going to get a call from the out of hours GP, and they will decide what happens next.

I am worried about how to get him to eat and drink. He still has the strength to resist me, but he will get weaker eventually.
you are doing the right thing trying to get him help, burt, never doubt yourself :hug:

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

I just spoke to this woman who cooks for us. we have known her for 10 years, but she is a bit odd. I suspect she wants my father's money, she is a bit evil I think.