I think dad has dementia.

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

is there anything i can do, burt? :hug:
I don't think so. It was a good help to have support on here. I did not know what to do. I am probably going to stay up and listen to music or something and wait for the doc to arrive.

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

My dad is breaking my heart, but I have to stay strong.

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

you are doing the right thing, trying to get him sectioned, he needs help as you know :hug:
Thanks dear. I hope so. Will see what happens with the doc. I really hope they take him to the mental health ward. It is really nice there.

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

The doctor visited, and he has called an ambulance. I did say mental health but they have to make sure he gets fluids etc, and checked out first.

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

The ambulance came, and they took him to A&E. All the paramedics and docs thought it is mental health/ dementia related. I just got home. Dad was on a drip and asleep, so it was okay to leave him.

It is upsetting. Bro is going to come round tomorrow so that will be good.

IDK what will be the plan for his future care. IDK.

P

Pink1234

I’m glad that your dad is getting treatment and I hope that he will be fully assessed for future care needs.

Eating and drinking can become a problem for a great many reasons as dementia progresses. The Alzheimer’s Society produce a detailed Factsheet about this and that contains a lot of useful hints. You can see it if you click this link https://www.alzheimers.org.uk/media/906.

I wish you and your dad all the best.

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

I am going to have my lunch now. I need to pick up some stuff from town, and then I could swing by the hospital.

soulsearcher

soulsearcher

I am going to have my lunch now. I need to pick up some stuff from town, and then I could swing by the hospital.
Hope your dad gets better and has a speedy recovery

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

Hope your dad gets better and has a speedy recovery
Thanks pal.

I just visited the hospital. Dad was making a nuisance of himself. He was trying to get out of the bed, he wanted to leave.

I can't cope with this. Something will need to be done to care for him. It is too much for me.

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

Do I have rights as a schizo, if they try to sell the house for care?

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

The woman who cooks for us keeps calling me, and I keep ignoring it. If she want's to see dad she can go to the hospital. I am not stopping her. I think she knows I am on to her schemes. Meh I can't be bothered with her drama and her money lust.

P

Pink1234

Thanks pal.

I just visited the hospital. Dad was making a nuisance of himself. He was trying to get out of the bed, he wanted to leave.

I can't cope with this. Something will need to be done to care for him. It is too much for me.
Stand your ground in relation to the care of your Dad. If SS think that someone will do the caring they won't step in. However, it's SS who have the legal duty to provide care to a vulnerable adult(use that phrase), not family/friends. It's a form of tough love to ensure your Dad gets the care he needs.

Lay it on thick with SS about your own mental health and stress that you have reached the point of carer's burnout - as a carer you are also entitled to a needs assessment for yourself.