I think dad has dementia.

K

Kittylove

Just wanted to say that I'm sorry to hear this. I work with individuals with dementia everyday. I can only imagine what it's like when a family member has it. Wishing you and your dad all the best.

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

ACCOUNT CLOSED
So yeah, dad is going to have his memory checked. I think it is dementia, but he is okay for now. I am chilled about it. I think I will be able to claim PIP for him. Lol, the one benefit I could never get.

calypso

calypso

Admin
I think you are doing really well to remain "chilled" about it Burt. Keep us posted on how things progress.

Flameheart

Flameheart

ACCOUNT CLOSED
my gran has recently been diagnosed with dementia too, been pretty depressing as my grandad died two months ago and she would wake up thinking he was still alive, just too much for me tbh

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I think you are doing really well to remain "chilled" about it Burt. Keep us posted on how things progress.
After going thru mnd with my mum, this is much simpler. It can be challenging, but it's nice to spend time with dad.

calypso

calypso

Admin
Oh I am sorry about your mother, that must have been horrendous. I wish you well with your father.

soulsearcher

soulsearcher

Sorry to hear this Burt I hope your dad gets better and has a speedy recovery

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

ACCOUNT CLOSED
So we had a visit from the community doctor today. TBH she was very stressy, talking about strokes, cancer etc. No bedside manner at all. She insisted we go to A&E to check my dad did not have a physical reason for his loss of health. Meh we went there at 3 pm and got home at 7:30 :mad:. On the plus side, the doctors were impressive, kind and attentive. I chatted to a few other people there so it was not all bad. It made me feel good for working for the NHS. :)

midnightphoenix

midnightphoenix

So we had a visit from the community doctor today. TBH she was very stressy, talking about strokes, cancer etc. No bedside manner at all. She insisted we go to A&E to check my dad did not have a physical reason for his loss of health. Meh we went there at 3 pm and got home at 7:30 :mad:. On the plus side, the doctors were impressive, kind and attentive. I chatted to a few other people there so it was not all bad. It made me feel good for working for the NHS. :)
Some doctors don't have a bedside manner in any sense of the word, same as some vets :sorry::hug:

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

ACCOUNT CLOSED
A schizophrenic and an elderly man with dementia, what a pair we make!!

Bro has not made an appearance for weeks now.

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Dad had a fall. He would not let me pick him up, so I had to call an ambulance. He has been taken to A&E because of an irregular ECG pattern. I am going to catch a bus in a minute to go there. Meh.

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

Hi Burt,
I'm so sorry, hope he will be okay.
Sending hugs