I think dad has dementia.

P

Pink1234

I’m glad that your dad is getting treatment and I hope that he will be fully assessed for future care needs.

Eating and drinking can become a problem for a great many reasons as dementia progresses. The Alzheimer’s Society produce a detailed Factsheet about this and that contains a lot of useful hints. You can see it if you click this link https://www.alzheimers.org.uk/media/906.

I wish you and your dad all the best.

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

I am going to have my lunch now. I need to pick up some stuff from town, and then I could swing by the hospital.

soulsearcher

soulsearcher

I am going to have my lunch now. I need to pick up some stuff from town, and then I could swing by the hospital.
Hope your dad gets better and has a speedy recovery

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

Hope your dad gets better and has a speedy recovery
Thanks pal.

I just visited the hospital. Dad was making a nuisance of himself. He was trying to get out of the bed, he wanted to leave.

I can't cope with this. Something will need to be done to care for him. It is too much for me.

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

Do I have rights as a schizo, if they try to sell the house for care?

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

The woman who cooks for us keeps calling me, and I keep ignoring it. If she want's to see dad she can go to the hospital. I am not stopping her. I think she knows I am on to her schemes. Meh I can't be bothered with her drama and her money lust.

P

Pink1234

Thanks pal.

I just visited the hospital. Dad was making a nuisance of himself. He was trying to get out of the bed, he wanted to leave.

I can't cope with this. Something will need to be done to care for him. It is too much for me.
Stand your ground in relation to the care of your Dad. If SS think that someone will do the caring they won't step in. However, it's SS who have the legal duty to provide care to a vulnerable adult(use that phrase), not family/friends. It's a form of tough love to ensure your Dad gets the care he needs.

Lay it on thick with SS about your own mental health and stress that you have reached the point of carer's burnout - as a carer you are also entitled to a needs assessment for yourself.

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

Stand your ground in relation to the care of your Dad. If SS think that someone will do the caring they won't step in. However, it's SS who have the legal duty to provide care to a vulnerable adult(use that phrase), not family/friends. It's a form of tough love to ensure your Dad gets the care he needs.

Lay it on thick with SS about your own mental health and stress that you have reached the point of carer's burnout - as a carer you are also entitled to a needs assessment for yourself.
Thanks yeah. I deffo can't cope now.

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

I had the hots for the nurse in the ward today. but she was very hard. :)

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
wouldn't touch a schitzo with a bargepole those nurses are some of the most prejudiced people, as far as they're concerned it's reasonable medical fact

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

wouldn't touch a schitzo with a bargepole those nurses are some of the most prejudiced people, as far as they're concerned it's reasonable medical fact
i told her i was schizo, but she did not bat an eyelid.

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

Will see if bro can step up to the plate and get his hands dirty.