I think dad has dementia.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
it's hard i think the best thing was to put mother in a home, we couldn't cope and it'd have got worse, at first she hated it and kept on about how she wanted to die but now she's more settled

i remember going to brum to help out my brother was living there but started a new job he lasted 2 weeks, my girlfriend said that time you came back from visiting your mother in brum you were lucky not to end up in hospital

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

I spoke to the out of hours GP and he was more chilled. He is going to send a Doctor to see my dad, and it is likely he will go to hospital. I did stress he needs help with mental health so hopefully he will get sectioned, as the mental health ward is much nicer than the shitty elderly ward he was in previously.

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

I think if it came to it, and we had to sell the house, there would probably be some left over to set me up in a new home, like a rental deposit and a few months rent.

I have my own career now, with an income source so I will be fine. touch wood.

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

is there anything i can do, burt? :hug:
I don't think so. It was a good help to have support on here. I did not know what to do. I am probably going to stay up and listen to music or something and wait for the doc to arrive.

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

My dad is breaking my heart, but I have to stay strong.

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

you are doing the right thing, trying to get him sectioned, he needs help as you know :hug:
Thanks dear. I hope so. Will see what happens with the doc. I really hope they take him to the mental health ward. It is really nice there.

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

The doctor visited, and he has called an ambulance. I did say mental health but they have to make sure he gets fluids etc, and checked out first.

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

The ambulance came, and they took him to A&E. All the paramedics and docs thought it is mental health/ dementia related. I just got home. Dad was on a drip and asleep, so it was okay to leave him.

It is upsetting. Bro is going to come round tomorrow so that will be good.

IDK what will be the plan for his future care. IDK.