I think dad has dementia.

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

ACCOUNT CLOSED
He went to the doctor today, and seemingly he suspects dementia. I have suspected this for a while now.

In the space of a few months, his health has declined rapidly.

We have to get a stairlift too since he has difficulty supporting himself.

He is also incontinent.

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
Sorry to hear this Burt it’s a cruel disease. My mum had this towards the end of her life but fortunately she always knew who we were, but she did struggle with the grandchildren names.

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Sorry to hear this Burt it’s a cruel disease. My mum had this towards the end of her life but fortunately she always knew who we were, but she did struggle with the grandchildren names.
It's okay. Just going to ramp things up now with medical intervention. He is seeing a doc next week about his bowel issues, and now the GP knows we can get some treatment.

claude

claude

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Sorry to hear this Burt, such a difficult disease, but good that you now have the diagnosis. I hope your brother will help you sort things out and that you all are doing ok

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
Hi Burt You need to get social services involved. They can makes sure he gets out and can introduce him to a Demetria group so he can make friends. We struggled for a long time with mum and didn’t realise that there are lots of groups that can give you a break, because you need to look after yourself as well. So don’t be afraid to ask for help. I volunteer For a local elderly care and they do a lot in the community for the elderly and people with dementia. There may be something similar in your locality

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Sorry to hear this Burt, such a difficult disease, but good that you now have the diagnosis. I hope your brother will help you sort things out and that you all are doing ok
Thanks claude. Hopefully bro will help.

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Hi Burt You need to get social services involved. They can makes sure he gets out and can introduce him to a Demetria group so he can make friends. We struggled for a long time with mum and didn’t realise that there are lots of groups that can give you a break, because you need to look after yourself as well. So don’t be afraid to ask for help. I volunteer For a local elderly care and they do a lot in the community for the elderly and people with dementia. There may be something similar in your locality
Yes I will look into that daffy. We need to see what we can do about his bowel issue and his incontinence. So he get back some independence. Also the stair lift will help a lot.

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Dad was fine today when I came home. He is getting very thin tho. I already told him this. He also drinks a lot. meh. Will take it one at a time.

calypso

calypso

Admin
I am sorry to hear this Burt. You must be so worried. Sometimes drinking a lot can also mimic dementia - do you think its adding to it?

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

Hi Burt,
Sorry to hear about your dad, hope you get plenty of support.
My Nan had dementia vascular, the incontinence service was great.
Sending hugs.

midnightphoenix

midnightphoenix

Dementia is a horrible thing, burt, my grandma had it for years before she past away :hug:

We are all here for you burt, you deserve to know we all care about you :hug:

midnightphoenix

midnightphoenix

How's your dad today burt and how are you feeling as well? :hug:

Willow's brought HER snuggly teddy over so you can have a Willow-version of a vegan treat (you deserve treats) :hug: