I talk too much

• Thread starter JustAnotherHuman
  • Start date
JustAnotherHuman

JustAnotherHuman

So I have this friend, and he’s a really close friend. So much so that whenever I’m in a depressive mood, I can always rely on playing some video games with him to brighten my day again. When we play games together we talk a lot, but I’ve always thought it was a normal amount of chat, that was until we had other friends join in.

When any other friends join, I feel like they talk so little. I get it’s probably cause they don’t want to interrupt me and my best friend, but I can’t help but feel they somewhat resent me, like I’m some annoying blabbermouth that won’t shut up. I mean they haven’t said anything like that, but I hate how quiet they end up being. Just reminds me of how loud and obnoxious I am. Sometimes I just wish I had no voice, or that I would at least shut up. At least then I would keep getting told by my brother to “shut up” and that I’m “too loud”. I just wanna have fun with my mate, but now all I feel is that I’m annoying everyone.

Z

Zoe1

awww no and nobody has said anything
siblings can rib each other like that, typical of siblings
my brother and I have been horrible to each other at times
partly because we were close

no , sometimes quite people are glad
that a talkative person keeps the conversation up,
if they wanted to say something they could do

not everyone is like your brother,
just enjoy your new social life !

:grouphug:

TheSea

TheSea

Everyone is different. I used to play a lot of online games myself and I was always one of the silent ones whilst playing. But I used to silently enjoy the chat and banter between the others in the group.

There's a lot of introverts in the world.

Just remember everyone is different and the ok.

Your friend obviously enjoys the chat or wouldn't play with you so much 😊

J

JCPraha

I would say that it is good that you can speak openly with your very good friend. Perhaps the others are not so close to you and don't understand. I suppose you cannot say too much to some people in this world, unless you know them quite well. Anyway, that has been my experience.

Fairy Lucretia

Fairy Lucretia

Forum Guide
I talk a lot too on here but not in RL
I think you should just keep on as you are ,you aren't hurting anyone and it seems to help you? xxxx

sadpunchingbag

sadpunchingbag

So I have this friend, and he’s a really close friend. So much so that whenever I’m in a depressive mood, I can always rely on playing some video games with him to brighten my day again. When we play games together we talk a lot, but I’ve always thought it was a normal amount of chat, that was until we had other friends join in.

When any other friends join, I feel like they talk so little. I get it’s probably cause they don’t want to interrupt me and my best friend, but I can’t help but feel they somewhat resent me, like I’m some annoying blabbermouth that won’t shut up. I mean they haven’t said anything like that, but I hate how quiet they end up being. Just reminds me of how loud and obnoxious I am. Sometimes I just wish I had no voice, or that I would at least shut up. At least then I would keep getting told by my brother to “shut up” and that I’m “too loud”. I just wanna have fun with my mate, but now all I feel is that I’m annoying everyone.
Its the dynamic its not always 50 50 talk and listen some pref to listen others to talk unless you keep talking over them or they told you this you would be the only person to know