• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

I suspect that i have bipolar

Autism_severementalhealth

I have been having alot of problems going on in my life and i can't cope.

From family bullying me
Close Neigbour died
Dont know where im going to live
Benefits
Being in a crash on the bus
and many more.

i would say this year is the worst year of my life which i didnt expect.

I have completely lost my motivation i just wont get up out of bed and do the things i enjoy doing

I spend big amounts of money on things i dont even need like on music and dvds

I cry and cry every day dont know whats going on

My appetite is really bad i can only eat 1 quarter of food and thats it

I cant sleep if i do sleep it would only be for 1 hour

i struggle to see the happy side and cant talk talking negative.

I also hear things in my head that arent real telling me to do dangerous stuff
i saw a spider in my room and mum told me its not there so im seeing things too.

someone told me they dont believe im hearing voices :( :'(

Last edited:
S

scooby1001

Founding Member
What makes you think you have bi-polar? It sounds like you are depressed due to life events. It sounds more like reactive depression to me but i am no expert. You need to go and see your gp. In my opinion some anti-depressents might help.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Dollit

You don't talk of any of the classic symptoms of bipolar disorder. You could be suffering from stress or depression due to your recent life events. You have to go to your GP and talk to them. They will help you but make sure you take someone with you so that you can talk it over with them after you've been.

yes i know u are saying that but i disagree. what about the delusions/hallicunations. i do have my highs and lows. i do spend massive of money, i do have no motivation, i do SelfH,unable to get to sleep and very irrabiltle. i feel sad a lot of the time, lost interest in things i enjoy, my sleeping patterns arent very good, lack of energy, feel worthlessness

i am aware of bipolar and i do show signs of it. if it was depression i would of got over this 7 years ago but i havent nothing helps. i do know i have the signs im also got signs of PTSD how i know that my social worker chucked leaflet at me. the PTSD cam on sudden in april. last january i started harming myself and i ended up in hospital and i have those thoughts again and that i dont deserve life as no one likes me everyone is against me. i just want to get rid of the pain by wishing im D:mad:

S

scooby1001

Founding Member
As said we are not experts and you really need to get professional help, it is just that what you have mentioned does not make me automaticlly think of bio-polar, depression can last years and if you are very ill you can hear voices for a while. Seek medical help as it does not matter what the diganosis is it is the help that he more important.

As said we are not experts and you really need to get professional help, it is just that what you have mentioned does not make me automaticlly think of bio-polar, depression can last years and if you are very ill you can hear voices for a while. Seek medical help as it does not matter what the diganosis is it is the help that he more important.
my professionals dont help me no more they ignore me cos i became a victim in april. and i never came on here for professional help. i want the truth from professionals cos they always tell me lies and twist there words round when i make a complaint. i can think how i want to think u cant change how my mind thinks. and its better for me to know the truth so that i can be able to help myself better without not knowing what is wrong with me wont help me to help myself

D

Dollit

Lots of people go on spending sprees without having bipolar disorder. Everybody has highs and lows because no one is completely level all the time. The range of "normal" behaviour is quite large. Self harm happens to a lot of people and most of them won't have bipolar disorder. The things you mention like lack of motivation, loss of interest in things you enjoy, bad sleeping patterns, lack of energy and worthlessness are more the the sort of things you see in depression.

Depression isn't curable and it can return at any time. If you need help with these things then you have to go to the professionals and sometimes we have to listen to things we don't want to. It happens to me a lot.

Q

quality factor

Hi there,
Much of what you say you feel is not only relevant to being bipolar, I have many of your problems and I suffer with another illness. As has already been said you need to find a GP that you feel comfortable with and who will give you quality time to discuss your problems.
You say you have had these problems for seven years, yet it is only lately that you have begun to SH, what triggered that do you think?
Also I have been unfortunate to be seeing spiders every night this week, but I won't assume that I am having hallucinations until I have spoken to my psychiatrist / doctor / optician. I am seeing my psychiatrist on Weds and an optician on Monday.
I agree with the previous posts; you need to seek out a professional who can give you a firm dx that you can work with.

im not listening to someone who isnt a psych sorry but its not helping how i feel. and please i dot want u to tell me what and cant think cos i know i do and i did start doing too much when i got alot depressed so it is related. and this year is the worst year ever so please be careful what u say to me im going through a lot.

Q

quality factor

Nobody who has previously replied to your posts deny that you are going through alot. We have all tried to give you help and support.
What is it that you want to hear from us?

D

Dollit

No one is telling you what you can or can't think and they are just giving you their opinions. That's the whole point of the forum. We learn by the experience of other people.

Everyone on this forum has mental health problems of one sort of another. All of us go through very difficult times when it feels as though there is too much of a fight ahead.

You do tend to be contradicting yourself by saying the psychs don't help but you won't listen to anyone who isn't a psych. I notice too that you've edited to take out things that we've already commented on. This is quite confusing!

i never edited a thing.

and i dont want advice its best listening. and by the way the psychs dont listen when im trying to talk how i feel they talk over myself so stop it now this is upsetting i dotn want to talk its upsetiing me.

D

Dollit

Well it does say on your posting that you edited it but we'll not say anymore about that.

If you just want to post but you don't want any one to reply then why not go down to the journals section and open a new thread and call what you want and then you can blog in there.

the only one i edited was my first post. i think u are misunderstanding what im saying, i think i need to explain what autism is so u can understand why im like this. what section do i write that in

D

Dollit

If you want to explain what autism is then do that but you cannot expect people not to answer or make suggestions or talk to you. Everyone on the forum talks to each other and learns how to understand each other but also when people talk back it can help you understand yourself better.

We don't have a section on autism as it is not a mental health problem. If you'd like to start a thread in the Journals section and talk about autism there I'm sure people will visit the thread but they will also make comments and you have to accept that.