I suppose that most here are young

D

DyingUpInHere

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I get very sad when everyday all I see is young people out and about. I feel like I'm 80. Actually, I just feel like a retard. I don't behave normally so most likely that's what everyone thinks who sees me. Everywhere I go, I sit alone. For hours. I don't know what the point of this is. I just don't feel tired yet. Or relaxed.

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

Hi,
We have a good age range on the forum, I'm sorry your struggling.
Here to listen anytime.
Take care

Bizzarebitrary

Bizzarebitrary

Sounds like you're in the grip of depression and I'm sorry to read that you're struggling. Are you having problems meeting new people or getting along with the ones in your life?

Mental Illness can't tell you who or what you are but sometimes it speaks so loudly we just can't hear any other voice. If that's the situation, you got some voices right here to listen to so that depression's isn't the only one in your head. You're worth getting to know, it just may not be super easy for some people to see you through your symptoms.

I don't know your age but I doubt you belong with the Tuesday night Bingo crowd yet.

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
I can understand the feeling old bit. It’s all part of growing up and sometimes we do think of things we may have missed out on . The thing is try and get yourself involved in something , either a class or a group where you’ll meet all ages. I’m one of the older members on here and no one discriminated against age so you should fit in ok. Just have a look thru the forums and jump in. 😉

A

AdamSocial

Hey,

It seems like you are talking down on yourself. You project what you feel, and its a cycle that can be hard to get out of. I would start by making a list about the most important things to you in life. You could start the exercise by finishing the following statement: "the most important thing in my life is....". Once you figure out some of those things, BAM, you have identified some of your personal values. Knowing your value solidifies your identity, and when you know who you are, what you like, what is important to you, you start to feel better about yourself.

Also, perhaps try finding an activity that requires you to interact with people. For example, go out and take a salsa dancing lesson, or find a class for rock climbing, or improv. Do anything that has interactions with people as part of the activity. PM me if you would like to talk more. I would love to help.

G

George10111

Its definitely not uncommon to feel like this. I literally feel anything but my age. In some ways I feel like I am still ten years old but in other ways I feel like I'm ninety. Its a mix of old and young in a twenty something year old.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
F Social Anxiety Forum 2
B Social Anxiety Forum 3