• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

I stopped sharing with my best friend of 9 years.

S

saiph

I've been depressed for quite a while now. Initially I thought it was just a phase and I shared how i felt with my bestie. She's a really nice person, who totally gets me and I know she cares about me. But for me, after a few months of talking to her about these feelings, I stopped. She never complained but I kept on thinking how bored she must be hearing me rant on and on about what I'm going through. We haven't met for a while dur to this COVID 19 pandemic and I went out of my way to convince her I'm fine. But I'm not. And I'm dying to talk to talk to someone on my difficult days, but I can't bring myself to trouble her with my problems.

M

Mistral

It does not have to be all or nothing. Your concern that you are imposing to much on your friend is great and shows that you care about other people. Share a little and "test the water" with her. It will be difficult to effectively set boundaries where there were no boundaries before, but you can shift the boundaries slightly. Tell her that you think you need to stand a little more own your own and not rely too much or others if you want or something that will reassure your friend that she is as good a friend as ever. But you do not have to say anything. Just pick up where you left off. They will be pleased to see you.

MoonChild84

MoonChild84

I agree with Mistral, it's great advice! I wanted to add that you can talk here, too, if you need to. We will listen xx

S

Shay94

I know how you feel, I'm in same situation with my best mate. She's the only person who's kept in contact with me since high school, we've known each other for 8 years now. She's met my family, they all love her and she's so much fun to be around. I used to share everything with her as we talked almost every day but it hasn't happened over last couple of years as she now has 2 kids & family issues on her end etc. Occasionally we'll msg each other since pandemic started and I hide how I'm really feeling as to not put too much pressure onto her/feel like she's getting sick of hearing my problems all the time so I try to not say as much, even on my bad days when I really needa vent/share shit with someone. Post here if you needa talk, we'll all listen and try to help however we can :)

Lizaje

Lizaje

You could just tell her what you told us.

S

saiph

Omg thank you sm guys. I appreciate how you took time and replied to me. It's feels good knowing someone else out there ia also experiencing the same thing

S

saiph

You could just tell her what you told us.
I did. And she was surprised. She told me she'll never be bored and that she'll always be there for me. She told me how much she cares. It really made my day. Thanks 👍

nutsie

nutsie

I happy your friend understand

Never ever can a good friend

If you feeling mentally sickness, tell them everything

P

Prycejosh1987

I've been depressed for quite a while now. Initially I thought it was just a phase and I shared how i felt with my bestie. She's a really nice person, who totally gets me and I know she cares about me. But for me, after a few months of talking to her about these feelings, I stopped. She never complained but I kept on thinking how bored she must be hearing me rant on and on about what I'm going through. We haven't met for a while dur to this COVID 19 pandemic and I went out of my way to convince her I'm fine. But I'm not. And I'm dying to talk to talk to someone on my difficult days, but I can't bring myself to trouble her with my problems.
You have to find a good coping method. It seems that talking about your problems is not working for you. The best thing you can do is try therapy, you will be talking to someone, who you can be more in-depth with. You will also find a solution through the therapist.